Xiaomi posted a cryptic post on Facebook on Wednesday. With the number ‘8’ displayed shamelessly everywhere throughout the post – dual camera setup made to look like 8 and a slogan that says ‘Wa8 for it’ – we knew a version of the Xiaomi Mi 8 would be coming to Nepal soon. But which one? The Mi 8, the Mi 8 Lite, or the Mi 8 Explorer edition.
Today, we have the answer. Xiaomi updated their Facebook page to let us know that they are bringing the Mi 8 Lite 4GB/64GB model for Rs. 31999 into Nepal.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Overview
On paper, Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite is a powerful mid-range phone. At the front, it has got a 6.21 inch 1080p IPS LCD display. Below this screen is a Snapdragon 660 processor that is the most powerful chipset of the Snapdragon 600 series. This is the same processor that resides inside the Samsung Galaxy A8 Star or the Xiaomi Mi A2. The Snapdragon 660 chipset is accompanied by 4GB of RAM. The internal storage is 64GB.
At the back, there are dual 12MP + 5MP camera. One primary lens and one telephoto lens for 2X Optical zoom and portrait shots. In the front, there is a single 20MP f/2.0 selfie shooter. But all that notch space is not wasted, Xiaomi has packed an infrared face scanning feature there.
Xiaomi Mi 8 lite Key Specifications
- Display: 6.26 inches IPS LCD display 1080 x 2280 pixels (~403 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Memory: 4GB RAM/ 64GB internal storage
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Rear Camera: Dual: 12 MP, f/1.9, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF & 5 MP, f/2.0, 1/5″, 1.12µm, depth sensor
- Front Camera: 24 MP, 1/2.8″, 0.9µm
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3350 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
Xiaomi Mi 8 Price in Nepal: Rs. 31,999
Phones from Xiaomi like the Pocophone F1, Mi A2 lite, the Redmi Note 5 AI continue to provide amazing value to customers. But Xiaomi devices have been lacking the design fling that makes people want to buy the Huawei, or Oppo, or Vivo phones. Things might change with the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite in Nepal as it is both powerful on the inside and beautiful on the outside. It comes in two distinct Aqua blue and Midnight Black color variants.
The glass sandwich construction and the horizontal camera setup reminds me of the Oppo A7 and, I don’t know why, the OnePlus X. Anyway, the phone looks good. The IPS LCD screen is an FHD+ screen and there is a notch. We don’t have many complaints about Xiaomi phones for their screens. They get plenty bright and the color reproduction is fine.
ALSO READ: Mi Mobiles Price in Nepal
The Snapdragon 660 processor can handle any app you throw at it from the play store. And combined with 4GB RAM, the multitasking experience will be smooth too. Where you might feel this processor lagging is in the most intense of games like PUBG. Otherwise, it will run games like Asphalt just fine. And for the price that is amazing.
The cameras on the Mi 8 Lite are reported to be very good for the price. The color and sharpness are on point (when you leave the AI on) and the device performs well in good lighting conditions. The night shots aren’t bad either considering the price. The front-facing camera works pretty well too. The selfies are sharp and bright. But we will have to test it out personally to give you the full review.
Not everything is perfect with the Mi 8 Lite. This phone, sadly, has no headphone jack. Also, with Pocophone F1 already in the market, who will be willing to buy this phone? Pocophone has a micro-SD card support, dual front-facing speakers, and a headphone jack.
But, Mi 8 Lite does come with a better design, a better face scanning feature, and a lower price tag So, if you want something that looks sexier, you’d go with the Mi 8 Lite. If you want something more functional, stick with the Pocophone F1, nothing beats it at giving the best bang for your bucks.
See our recent Xiaomi smartphone video:
- New and Upcoming Cars in NepalReview of: Upcoming Cars in NepalReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On August 21, 2019Last modified:August 21, 2019Summary:So,…
- Hero Scooters Price in NepalReview of: Hero ScootersVersion:Latest & UpdatedPrice:Rs. 164000 to Rs. 206000Reviewed by: Abhishek GuptaRating:4On August 21,…
- Tata Harrier, Renamed as Tata H5! Launch Date Confirmed for NADA Auto Show 2019!Review of: 2019 Tata HarrierPrice:TBDReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:5On August 21, 2019Last modified:August 21, 2019Summary:Well, the…