Samsung is back at releasing budget and mid-range phone again. Yesterday, we heard the news of the launch of the Samsung Galaxy J2 Core, a budget offering from Samsung. But it was not the only phone that Samsung launched yesterday. There is another sexier phone, the Galaxy A8 Star. Samsung Galaxy A8 Star price in Nepal is Rs. 59,900 and it comes with 6GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage.The A8 Star is probably the only phone from Samsung that copies the Apple-like left corner vertically stacked camera design. But Samsung makes even that set up its own with a very high and oval fingerprint sensor on the back. This cutout and the position of the fingerprint sensor alone makes the design look distinct. At the front, there’s no notch. The phone overall looks less curvy than the Galaxy S9 and less boxy than the Note 9. It is a good middle ground.
SEE ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
The 6.3 inch AMOLED screen will look gorgeous, as expected from Samsung. They make the best AMOLED panels, hence the best screen on any smartphone on the market. Though the A8 Star looks premium on the outside, it is mid-range at the heart, evident from its Snapdragon 660 processor, a powerful mid-range processor from Qualcomm. But don’t feel let down because if you are not the most intense gamer, this chipset is plenty powerful for most of the task you throw at it. With the available 6GB RAM, multi-tasking wouldn’t be a problem either.
Samsung Galaxy A8 Star Key Specifications
- Display: 6.3 inches Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2220 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~392 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Memory: 6 GB RAM, 64 GB (expandable up to 512GB using microSD card)
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera: 24 MP, f/1.7; 16 MP, f/1.7, PDAF
- Secondary Camera: 24 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-ion 3700 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Samsung Galaxy A8 Star Price in Nepal: Rs. 59,900
The cameras on the A8 Star look powerful on paper, but we will have to see it in action to comment on it. However, Samsung installs some great camera hardware on its phones (the Galaxy S9 Plus is one of the best camera smartphones on the market) so, you can be pretty sure that you will get satisfactory shots for your money.
At Rs. 59,900, the Galaxy A8 Star goes head to head with Huawei Nova 3. Whether you should pick the A8 Star over the Nova 3 depends upon your preference. While the Nova 3 definitely wins in terms of performance because of its flagship grade processor, Samsung A8 Star has a better screen and better battery. We suggest you try our both these phones in the physical stores before you pick one up for yourself.
- Nokia 6.1 Plus with 16MP Front Camera Finally Launched in Nepal
- Vivo V11 Pro and Vivo V11 Launched in Nepal; Will be Available in Stores from September 20
- Samsung Launches Galaxy J2 Core, Its First Android Go Phone in Nepal
- vivo Y30 with 5000 mAh Battery & Helio P35 Launched in NepalVivo launched vivo V19 earlier this week in Nepal. And, the company now has launched…
- Ncell Introduces “Wirefree+” Service: Here’s Everything We Know So Far!With internet usage at an all-time high, Ncell is bringing a new service called Ncell…
- Samsung Drops the Price of Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and 3 Other Smartphones in NepalRecently, Samsung hiked prices on some of the smartphones due to inflation and other consequences…