Xiaomi, one of the world’s largest smartphone manufacturers, has been a dominant force in the Nepali smartphone market. It is especially known for its budget handsets that have a premium design and are great value for money. These attributes have kept the demands of Xiaomi Phones in Nepal very high. To keep that momentum alive, Xiaomi has been launching new smartphones on a monthly basis. Recently it launched the 64 GB variant of the Redmi Note 5 AI. And the Redmi S2 is on the horizon. In the meantime, Xiaomi has launched the 32GB variant of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI. Priced at Rs 25,999, it is one of the contenders for the best smartphones under 30,000 category.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI comes with an Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 Processor paired with a hell of a capacity of RAM. It comes with 3 Gigabytes of RAM, which is impressive for a smartphone at this price point. It also comes with a base storage of 32 Gigabytes. The screen on this device is a 6 inch IPS panel that has a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. This phone has very less bezel hence the 18:9 aspect ratio display. The display is a relatively sharp one with a pixel density of 403 ppi.
The camera setup on this device is an interesting one. The primary camera on this device is a dual setup with a 12 Megapixel f/1.9 and 5 Megapixel f/2.0 sensor. Xiaomi’s cameras have not always been the best in the market, but this time we might see some nice improvements in the camera section. The front camera on this device is trendy. The front camera has a 13 Megapixel f/2.0 sensor, which is accompanied by a LED Flash. The battery on this device is a 4000 mAh Li-ion Polymer battery, which should give you pretty decent usage times.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI Key Specifications
- Display: 5.99 inches FHD IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080×2160 18:9 Aspect ratio @ 403 ppi
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Memory: 32GB internal storage with microSD expandable storage (up to 256GB)
- RAM: 3 GB
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera: Dual: 12 MP (f/1.9, 1.4µm) + 5 MP (f/2.0, 1.25µm), dual pixel phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 13 MP (f/2.0, 1.12µm), LED flash, 1080p
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 AI Price in Nepal: Rs. 25,999 (32GB)
The Redmi Note 5 AI is Xiaomi’s take on the midrange device of 2018. As most phones this year, Redmi Note 5 AI has an updated 18:9 aspect ratio and vertically stacked cameras on the back of the phone. So the phone looks good and modern. The back is still aluminum though. So, no cracked glass back anymore.
The phone ships with Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box which is the latest version of the Android OS for the mass market. The processor is Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 – an octa-core midrange processor from Qualcomm. It will fare very well for normal tasks and can even handle a little bit of gaming. But this chip is especially geared towards battery efficiency than churning out most performance.
MIUI has come a long way since its inception. It has fast and light animations throughout the interface that makes the phone feel smooth. Multitasking would be not much of a problem for the available 3GB. But if you really want the best experience, we suggest you go with the 4GB version.
The dual cameras on the back look good on paper. If the cameras on Xiaomi phones of the past are any indication, the pictures would look eye pleasing. The fingerprint scanners on Xiaomi phones are very fast and accurate. We expect nothing less on this phone. Battery life, however, would be very subjective. Looking at the number only, 4000mAh battery with the midrange processor will probably give you an all-day battery life.
Lastly the screen. It is an FHD+ screen. Xiaomi’s panels are very bright but not so vibrant as we would like it to be. But the backlight is even and the texts look sharp. Overall, you will be perfectly happy with this screen if you aren’t coming from a phone that had an AMOLED screen.
Our impressions remain the same as our previous articles, if you’re interested, you can get this phone here.
- Amazfit Smartwatch Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsAmazfit is smart wearable and accessories brand based in China. The brand comes under Huami…
- Apple iMac and iMac Pro 2020 Now Available in NepalApple iMac and iMac Pro 2020 were launched in August 2020. And, now they are…
- Apple iPad Air 4 2020 with A14 Bionic Available for Pre-Order in NepalApple unveiled the new iPad Air 4 during its live event back in September. And,…