Xiaomi is known for it’s ridiculously priced budget phones with amazing value. But these prices blows every other deal or other phones out of the water. Xiaomi just officially launched the Xiaomi Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite in an event today. Xiaomi Mi A2 is priced at Rs. 30,999 and the Mi A2 lite is priced at just Rs. 20,999.
Xiaomi New Mi A-series Smartphones
Xiaomi Mi A2
If you didn’t know about the phone called Xiaomi Mi A2, it is a sequel to the megahit of 2016, Xiaomi Mi A1 which gave consumers unparalleled performance at an unparalleled price. Same is true with the Mi A2 here. It has a Snapdragon 660 inside, the most powerful mid-range chip in the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 series. This processor is paired with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage.
And what’s more, this device follows the Android One Program. That means you’ll get a clean Android experience and a wicked snappy performance for your money. Multitasking and everything else will be a breeze for this phone. But, to get the best gaming experience, you still have to pay for premium smartphones. That may change with the arrival of Pocophone which is also from Xiaomi.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.99-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080×2160 pixels (18:9 Aspect Ratio)s
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) Android One
- Memory: 64GB ROM, 4GB RAM
- Primary Camera: Dual:12 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.9″, 1.25µm) + 20 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm)
- Secondary Camera: 20 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3010 mAh battery
Xiaomi Mi A2 Price in Nepal: Rs. 30,999
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
The Mi A2 Lite is like a mini version of the Mi A2 as the name suggests. The base version of the Mi A2 Lite has a 3GB RAM and 32GB storage. This version will cost you Rs. 20,999. There is another model with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage and this will cost you Rs. 24,999 which is still an amazing value. It has a Snapdragon 625 on the inside that is an old chip but combined with the stock Android and the 3GB or 4GB RAM, it still outperforms most phones in the 20K category.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Key Specifications
- Display: 5.84-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~432 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) Android One
- Memory: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM (supports micro-SD card up to 256GB)
- Primary Camera: Dual 12 MP, f/2.2, 1.25 μm, PDAF; 5 MP, f/2.2, 1.12 μm, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Price in Nepal: Rs. 20,999(3GB), Rs. 24,999(4GB)
Both these phones have good camera setup on the back and the front. We do have our doubts over the Mi A2 Lite’s front camera and the Mi A2’s smaller battery but other than these quibbles, we have no complaints about the phones we are getting at the price.
Xiaomi has thwarted the competition in terms of price to performance ratio once again. But, these phones are made up of metal and they don’t have the same “premium” yet fragile build of the phones like the Huawei Nova 3i. For some, having a metal phone might be a plus point for the Xiaomi phones. Also, Snapdragon 660 has a better performance than the Kirin 710 of the Nova 3i.
Once again, these phones are exceptional value for money. If you are looking to buy a phone for around 30K, the Mi A2 and Mi A2 lite must definitely be on your RADAR. The first sale of these phones starts on September 30 and they will be available for purchase in all Mi stores across the nation.
- Analogue Mall to Introduce Trade-In Program; Trade-In Old Gadgets for the New Ones or Cash!Analogue Mall is a multibrand e-commerce site with lots of gadgets on offer. It’s a…
- JBL Go 3 Launching in Nepal Soon – An Ultra Portable Speaker!JBL has plenty of portable speakers and their Go series is one of the best…
- Royal Enfield Classic 350 Signals Edition Launched in Nepal: What’s New?Royal Enfield Classic 350 Signals Edition is now in Nepal. Vivek Automobiles Pvt. Ltd., the…