Oppo has become wildly successful in Nepal. Thanks to their alluring design and camera-centric advertisement. Thanks also to the sponsorship in programs like Nepal Idol. Whatever the reason, Oppo is a major player in the Nepali Smartphone industry. Oppo F9 that was launched 2 months ago became very popular among buyers. To keep the momentum going, Oppo has brought in a similar new phone, Oppo A7, into Nepal. Oppo A7 is now up for pre-order for Rs. 35,790.Oppo A7, on the outside, looks very similar to the Oppo F9. That’s understandable as the teardrop notch has become quite famous among smartphone buyers. Oppo also degrades the excellent FHD+ 6.3 inches LTPS LCD display to an HD+ display. The design at the back now is matte and the color scheme is better than before IMO. There is the no shiny geometric pattern at the back.
On the inside, the A7 uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 which is not as powerful as the MediaTek Helio P60 processor used in the F9. Also, there is only a 4GB variant available. That is totally fine for a midrange phone though, as Snapdragon 450 is a capable chipset that can give you a smooth performance in normal tasks. Just don’t expect to play PUBG with the same smoothness as the F9. Also, the base storage is just 32GB.
Oppo A7 Key Specifications
- Launch Date: August 2018
- Display: 6.3-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~271 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) skinned with ColorOS 5.1
- Memory: 3GB/ 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage (expandable up to 256GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, AF; 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4230 mAh battery
OPPO A7 Price in Nepal: Rs. 35,790
The rear dual camera configuration is (supposedly) a combination of 13MP main sensor and a 2MP depth sensor. As we have tested the F9 in person, we are assuming that this phone will click very good photos for the price. Another change seems to be on the front, at the notch. The selfie camera is now 16MP instead of the 25MP found on the Oppo F9. But this is not in any way a drastic degradation.
Whether this phone has VOOC or not has not been finalized but this phone does have a massive 4230mAh battery that should last you all day. Overall, A7 looks to be a very capable smartphone. But with F9 costing just about Rs. 5000 more and giving you an upgrade to most of the features of the A7, we think F9 is still the better phone from Oppo. But, we are looking forward to reviewing this device when it comes out. Don’t forget to stay in touch.
For those of you who liked the phone, you can only preorder this phone from Oppo showroom in Pako New-road.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Review: Big, Beautiful, Powerful. But, Perfect?Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus is supposedly the best smartphone in the world right now.…
- OPPO A5 2020 with Almost Identical Specs to OPPO A9 2020 to Launch in Nepal Tomorrow!OPPO is on fire right now with the upcoming launch of its two 2020 phones,…
- Huawei’s New Lite-Flagship, Huawei Nova 5T with Kirin 980 Processor Launched in Nepal: The Best Out There?Huawei as we all know are in a pickle at the moment. The confrontations with…