Samsung, the gigantic South Korean Company, has launched some new smartphones again. And they are good just like the Galaxy J2 they released in May or like the Galaxy J7 duo launched in April or like the Galaxy J7 Prime 2 launched in March. Frequent launches of new Samsung phones is not a surprise. However, it’s a good news for people looking to buy a new Samsung smartphone right now.
What phones did Samsung launch this time? There are two: the Galaxy A6, and the Galaxy A6 Plus, and they are priced at Rs. 39,890, and Rs. 44,390 respectively. All the phones come with a metal body and the elongated screen that is all the rage in 2018. All the phones come with promotional offers such as free 6000MB of mobile data from Ncell and a six months insurance from breakage provided by Shikhar Insurance.
Samsung Galaxy A6
The Galaxy A6 is the least expensive and, unsurprisingly, the least powerful of the bunch. The screen has just HD+ resolution while most of the handsets from the competition comes with Full HD or Full HD+ resolution at this price. But most of the competition comes with an LCD panel, while the Galaxy A6 is graced with the super AMOLED panel which offers deeper blacks and very high contrast ratio making the image pop. Just look at the display and see if you like it.
Inside, the Galaxy A6 is powered by the Exynos 7870 chip which is a chipset made by Samsung itself. The chip is similar to the Snapdragon 625 but the Snapdragon 625 handily beats it in performance. It sits somewhere between the entry-level and mid-level chipset from Qualcomm. But what you need to know is that this CPU will handle your daily task like Facebook and Instagram smoothly. It will stutter while gaming though.
Thanks to the 4GB RAM, multitasking would be a breeze given that RAM management from Samsung is great. The storage is large too, 64GB is near enough for most people to live without an external SD card. The cameras shoot great photos with punchy colors in daylight. The nighttime photos may come out a little grainy but if you want the best night shots you should be looking at the Galaxy S9 Plus.
Samsung Galaxy A6 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.6 inches HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display
- Resolution: 720×1480 pixels (18.5:9 Aspect Ratio) ~ 294ppi
- Chipset: Exynos 7870
- CPU: Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T830 MP1
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Memory: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Primary Camera: 16 MP (f/1.7), phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP (f/1.9), LED flash
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy A6 Price in Nepal: Rs. 39,890
Samsung Galaxy A6+
Samsung Galaxy A6+, as the name suggests is a larger version of the A6. It has a larger 6.0 inch Super AMOLED screen, with higher Full HD resolution. Here, Samsung uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor instead of Exynos. So you’ll get a little performance boost over the Galaxy A6. The RAM and storage configuration has remained the same. You get 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, both of which are adequate in 2018. The A6+ has dual cameras on the back which captures decent photos in good lighting conditions and has the ability to shoot portrait photos. On the front, you have a whopping 24MP camera nearly matching the 25 MP found on OPPO F7. Your selfies will be sharper than a knife with this camera.
Samsung seems to be playing a marketing game here. The price tag of the A6 and A6+ is very close to each other, prompting most people to buy the A6+ which is better than the A6 in every possible way and is just Rs. 5000 more. And we recommend you to fall into this trap because spending Rs. 5000 extra will bring you far more joy than saving it.
Samsung Galaxy A6+ Key Specifications
- Display: 6.0 inches Super AMOLED Infinity Display
- Resolution: 1080×2220 pixels (18.5:9 Aspect Ratio) ~ 411ppi
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Memory: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Primary Camera: Dual: 16 MP (f/1.7) + 5 MP (f/1.9), phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 24 MP (f/1.9), LED flash
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus Price in Nepal: Rs. 44,390
These phones, the Galaxy A6, and A6+ are good Samsung phones. But the value that they provide for your money is not so great. Phones from Chinese manufacturers like Huawei and Xiaomi offer similar specs at a lower price. Take Xiaomi Mi A1; it has 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, a Snapdragon 625 and a clean Android for just Rs. 24000. There is not much reason to buy the A6 instead of the Mi A1 unless you specifically want a Samsung phone.
What are your thoughts on these two new devices? Also if you are looking to buy a new smartphone then we suggest you look around for a better deal in our mobile price in Nepal segment.
SEE ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
- Huawei P20 Pro With 40MP Camera and 128GB ROM Launched in Nepal
- UMIDIGI Z2 Pro With 6.2-inch Full HD Screen and 128GB ROM to Launch in Nepal
- Samsung Galaxy J6 with Infinity Displays to Launch in Nepal Soon
- Daraz Brings Offers on Budget Phones – Up to 66% Discount!There are plenty of deals going on this month on one of the biggest e-commerce…
- MG Hector, An Interesting SUV with Internet, Expected Soon in NepalThese days premium SUVs are the latest trends in the auto market. Just a few…
- Hero Maestro Edge 125 and Hero Pleasure Plus 110 Launched in India; Expected Soon in NepalIf you remember the ‘Hero Scooter Price in Nepal’ article, you’d know that Hero MotoCorp…