Samsung seems to be gunning for a smartphone a month record in Nepal. It launched Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime in March and the Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo in April. Now, Samsung has launched the much-awaited update to the beloved Samsung Galaxy J2 for Rs .14,590.
Not much has changed cosmetically; the phone still looks similar to the Galaxy J2 you knew from 2017. However, there are some changes inside that makes this phone ready to take on the budget market of 2018.
Samsung Galaxy J2 now boasts 2 GB of RAM instead of just 1 GB on the 2017 model. This is a huge improvement for overall software experience on the phone. Multitasking will now be better, app switching less laggy. Battery capacity also takes a leap to 2600mAh from the meager 2000mAh found on the 2017 model.
The rear camera is now 8MP instead of 5MP, and the front camera is 5MP instead of just 2MP of the previous model. The front camera on the Samsung Galaxy J2 (2018) now is accompanied by a flash too. The internal storage has been bumped up to 16GB from 8GB of the past model. And now, the phone houses a Qualcomm processor instead of Samsung’s own Exynos one.
What’s not new is the screen, which is the same Super AMOLED screen from the last generation. While this is a fine screen, we would have loved to see the resolution bumped up to HD. The current resolution is 540*960 pixels. Also, there is no sign of a fingerprint sensor anywhere.
Samsung Galaxy J2 2018 Specifications
- Display: 5.0 inches SuperAMOLED screen
- Resolution: 540x960
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425
- OS: Android OS, v7.1 (Nougat)
- Internal Storage: 16 GB internal storage with microSD card slot up to 256 GB
- RAM: 2GB
- Primary Camera: 8 MP with flash
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP with flash
- Battery: Non-removable 2600mAh Li-ion cell
- Colors: Black, Gold
Samsung Galaxy J2 Price in Nepal: Rs. 14,590
I haven’t used the phone yet. But I have used the Samsung Galaxy J2 of 2016. And that phone was surprisingly fluid for its price and the internals. Samsung has done a great job at animations. And as the J2 2018 is just an iterative update over the 2016 and 2017 version, this phone too will probably perform well.
The upgrade to the RAM and Storage are very welcomed and necessary for the phone to justify its price. With larger RAM and an updated processor, the performance of the phone is sure to improve. The camera modules have seen an improvement in this iteration of J2 but don’t expect these to blow you away.
The major improvement would probably in the battery department. The jump to the 2600mAH cell, an updated Android 7.1 Nougat, and the same power-sipping screen and a very power-efficient chip, are sure to increase the battery life of this phone by quite a large margin.
- DWIT Job Fair 2019, One of Biggest IT Job Fair in Nepal, Slated for September 20After the successful completion of two iterations of IT Job fair in 2017 and 2018,…
- Nepal Electricity Authority to Install 50+ Charging Station Across Nepal“Is Nepal Government Promoting Electric Vehicles?” If you had asked me that a few years ago,…
- Khalti, Nepali Digital Payment App, Hits 500K+ Downloads on Google Play StoreKhalti, the second largest mobile wallet, payment gateway & service in Nepal has crossed 500,000…