Huawei, one of the best selling smartphone brand of 2018 in Nepal is back with a new phone on the market. While the preceding statement is nothing noteworthy as Huawei has been releasing smartphones in a monthly fashion in Nepal. But this new phone, the P20 Pro, is something special. It has a triple camera on the back and has a DxO mark rating of 109. Huawei P20 Pro was launched in Nepal on 19th June 2018 with a price tag of Rs. 99,900.The P20 Pro is the ultimate flagship from Huawei; it has Huawei’s latest and greatest in-house Kirin processor, a 6GB of RAM and it comes default with 128GB of storage. So, it performs like the best of the best. The P20 pro also has an AMOLED screen. It is going head-to-head with flagships from other big names like Samsung and Apple. And, to many people’s surprise, it manages to trample the competition in some areas.
The highlighting feature of the Huawei P20 Pro is the camera setup on the back. And boy is it a shocker. You get a triple lens setup vertically stacked on the left side. One of them is a 40-megapixel main sensor (40!!) with f/1.8 aperture. Another one is a 20-megapixel f/1.6 aperture monochrome sensor and the third one is a 3x zoom 8-megapixel telephoto lens with an aperture of f/2.4. The P20 Pro has a DXOmark rating of 109, the highest score of any smartphone camera till date. It is one of the best camera shooters on the market right now.
SEE ALSO: Huawei Mobiles Price in Nepal
The next eye-catching feature is the glass back on the twilight edition of the phone. The glass back shines purple at the top but the gradient slowly changes to show turquoise at the bottom. The design itself makes the phone stand out in the crowd. Huawei’s P20 pro’s battery life is the one to beat too. A massive 4000mAh battery lies beneath the beautiful glass back and it powers the phone at least for a day under the heaviest of loads where most other phones would die out early. The Galaxy S9 and iPhone X don’t come near to matching the battery life on the P20 Pro.
Huawei P20 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.1-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080×2240 pixels
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 970
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP12
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Memory: 128GB ROM, 6GB RAM
- Primary Camera: Triple: 40 MP (f/1.8, 1/1.7″, OIS) + 20 MP B/W (f/1.6) + 8 MP (f/2.4)
- Secondary Camera: 24 MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Huawei P20 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs. 99,900
The notch at the front of the P20 Pro will be divisive for many. But so many manufacturers have adopted this notch that it has become a design staple and it’s ubiquity has made it more palatable to us. Also, if you don’t like it, you have the option to black out the top portion and make it look like a bar in the settings. The fingerprint sensor is located at the slim chin at the bottom if you couldn’t tell. And if you are worried about its diminutive size, it is one of the fastest fingerprint sensors I have ever tested. It unlocks instantly and works consistently.
Huawei P20 Pro is not the budget handset that you mostly see from Chinese manufacturers. It is a premium phone with a premium price tag that doesn’t skimp on specs or design. It has one of the best cameras and battery life among the flagship phones on the market with a performance that is on par with them. And it is now available in Nepal for Rs. 99,900. If you have the cash to afford it, you should definitely try it out on physical stores.
Also, if you are not in a hurry to buy your next smartphone, wait for our full review of the P20 Pro that will be coming out soon.
- Lava Benco V7 Launched in Nepal: A Worthy Entry Level Smartphone?Around 3 months ago, it seemed like Lava was on the brink of extinction. Its…
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite to Exclusively Launch on Daraz Nepal Soon!The sudden transition of mid-range smartphone in affordability and technicality field has shifted the whole…
- Vivo S1 Pro Review: Better Camera than its Predecessor, But Still Lacks PerformanceVivo S series made it to Nepal in August 2019 with the launch of Vivo…