Samsung, the perennial name in the smartphone market, is all set to launch a new phone in Nepal. This time, it is the Galaxy J6. With Samsung Galaxy J series, Samsung is targeting the budget market. Unlike the Galaxy S series which includes phones like the Samsung Galaxy S9, and the A series which contains phones like Samsung Galaxy A8, the J series of phones choose function over form. To put it bluntly, they are not so stylish.
But things seem to be about to change with the advent of the Galaxy J6. It brings with it a fresh design to the J family. The J6 has an updated 18:9 tall screen that looks modern. But the build is still plastic. We wished it were metal but plastic is what Samsung is giving us this year. The back has a single 13MP primary camera below which sits an oval fingerprint sensor. That is a cool design. But it will depend upon people’s tastes. The camera, looking at past Samsung phones will deliver photos with punchy and vibrant colors.
On the front, we have a 5.6-inch elongated display of HD+ resolution. Though we would have loved to see an FHD screen, we are content that the panel is an AMOLED screen. That means deeper blacks and better contrast and vibrant colors. People will like this display. The performance will be what you expect from a midrange device – fluid multitasking and all but not so great gaming experience.
Samsung Galaxy J6 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.6 inches Super-AMOLED
- Resolution: 720 x 1480 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~294 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 7870 Octa
- CPU: Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T830 MP1
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Memory: 64 GB internal, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB internal, 3 GB RAM (storage on both models is expandable up to 256GB using external micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: 13 MP (f/1.9, 28mm), autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP, f/1.9, LED flash
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy J6 Price in Nepal: TBD
Samsung Nepal still hasn’t specified the exact pricing or release date of this phone yet. But they have said that the phone will be released soon. With the current price hike due to the tax system, we aren’t able to quote an expected price. But it probably will be between 30 – 35 thousand NRs.
At that price, the Galaxy J6 will look like a good deal. But, as we always say, don’t forget to shop around. The Android land has many options for you to choose from. Your best fit may be a smartphone from a manufacturer whose name you had never heard before.
SEE ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
- Apple iPhone 12 Pre-Order in Nepal to Start This Week in NepalApple launched the iPhone 12 series a month ago that includes iPhone 12 mini, iPhone…
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro to be Available for Pre-Order from 27th November in NepalApple launched the iPhone 12 series a month ago that includes iPhone 12 mini, iPhone…
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 2020 with Massive 7040 mAh Battery Launched in NepalSamsung launched the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite in Nepal some months ago. And now, they…