Xiaomi is known for value phones with top-notch specifications and affordable price tag. In brief, Xiaomi is popular for flagship killers and mid-range phones rather than flagship phones. But it’s flagships phones are good as well. And, Xiaomi wants to prove that with is new flagship; the Xiaomi Mi 10.
Mi Nepal hasn’t launched flagships in a while but now they have decided to bring the Mi 10 in Nepal. Alongside, the Mi Note 10 Lite, Mi Nepal also launched the Xiaomi Mi 10 in Nepal yesterday. The Xiaomi Mi 10 price in Nepal is set Rs. 89,999. The phone also happens to be the first 5G phone in Nepal.
We know that Xiaomi’s flagship killers and mid-range phones are very good but what does its flagship offer? Let’s take a brief look at the Mi 10.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Specifications
- Body: 162.5 x 74.8 x 9 mm, 208 g, Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, Dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.67 inches Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2340 Resolution, 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, 386 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 90Hz refresh rate, HDR10+
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 256GB ROM 8GB RAM, UFS 3.0
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 11
- Rear Camera: 108 MP, f/1.7, (Wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.0, (Wide), 1/3″, 0.9µm
- Video: [email protected] fps
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4780 mAh Battery, Fast charging 30W, Power Delivery 3.0, Fast wireless charging 30W, Reverse wireless charging 5W
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Fingerprint (under display, optical), Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer
- Colors: Coral Green, Twilight Grey
Xiaomi Mi 10 Price in Nepal: Rs. 89,999
Xiaomi Mi 10 Overview
Xiaomi Mi 10 doesn’t scream unique but it looks simple and elegant. Let’s say it includes most of the modern design elements without going overboard. The glass back surely looks premium and I like how the edges curves to meet the aluminum frame.
Like the Mi Note 10 Lite, it also has Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and the back. This should ensure that it can take a few drops without major damage.
On the rear, it has a quad-camera setup which kinda reminds me of the P20 Pro. Moving to the front, it has a punch hole on the left.
All of these things are cool and great but it does not have any sort of IP rating. But it does have P2i waterproofing which is kind of equivalent to or better than IP53 waterproofing.
While other manufactures are going for QHD displays, Xiaomi sticks with Full HD+ screen on the Mi 10. However, it’s 6.67 inch AMOLED Dot Display has a 90Hz panel and 180 touch sampling rate. Yes, it’s not 120Hz but this is more than enough for 99.9% of the people out there.
The punch-hole display with 92.4% screen to body ratio should provide an unhindered multimedia experience and when you add the vibrancy of the AMOLED panel. It should do a good enough job for content viewing. Also, it has HDR10+ support, so that’s good if you watch some HDR contents.
Xiaomi Mi 10 is a beast in terms of performance. It comes with Snapdragon 865, 8GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB UFS 3.0 Storage, and Liquidcool 2.0 Vapor Chamber.
Powered by Snapdragon 865, the phone tops benchmarks and gaming should be a smooth affair. Also, it’s one of the most efficient processors available out there. Well, the UFS 3.0 and LPDDR5 are also the top dogs when it comes to memory and storage speeds.
So, yeah, you will get all the performance you need with the Mi 10.
Furthermore, the Snapdragon 865 features an X55 modem for 5G connections. This ensures that your phone is ready for 5G whenever it’s available.
Xiaomi Mi 10 gets a quad-camera setup on the rear and it uses the 108MP ISOCELL Bright HMX sensor as the main sensor. This is a slightly downgraded version of the latest ISOCELL Bright HM1 sensor that is used on the Samsung S20+ Ultra. So, ultimately you are getting a high res detailed pictures and good low light photos with this.
Along with it, Mi 10 gets a 13MP ultrawide sensor, 2MP macro sensor, and 2MP depth sensor.
I do like the 13MP ultrawide sensor but the 2MP macro sensor and 2MP depth sensor look measly for a flagship phone. Also, it doesn’t give you a telephoto lens that you would normally get from flagship phones like Oneplus 8 Pro and S20.
For videos, it can capture up to 8K 30 fps but it can capture stable videos at 4k. And, that’s what you should care more about rather than the 8k.
On, the front you get a single 20MP f/2.0 lens for selfies.
In terms of battery, it has 4780 mAh battery and it is massive considering it uses Full HD display unlike other flagships out there. So, it will ultimately have a good battery life due to its Full HD screen.
But, it also has 30W fast charging with Power Delivery 3.0 for quick recharges. So battery and charging are top-notch on the MI10.
Like the OnePlus 8 Pro, Mi 10 also supports 30W wireless charging, though you’ll have to invest in Xiaomi’s proprietary charging dock for it. And you can also use the reverse wireless charge feature to charge your earbuds using the Mi 10.
OS and Other Features
Moving on, Mi 10 runs in Android 10 and MIUI 11. And, it should review future Android update as well. It does not have a headphone jack if you care about that but it does have an optical in-display fingerprint sensor.
It also has Bluetooth 5.1 along with A2DP, LE, aptX HD, and aptX Adaptive support.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Price in Nepal, Availability, and Impressions
Currently, Chinese sellers like Gearbest retails the Xiaomi Mi 10 8GB/128GB variant for 679 USD (approx Rs. 82,083) whereas Xiaomi Mi 10 price in Nepal is Rs. 89,999. So, given the current situation and inflation, I would say the asking price is quite fair.
According to Mi Nepal, Mi 10 will be available to purchase in two colors: Twilight Grey and Coral Green from offline stores and online stores (Daraz and Sastodeal) soon. However, they haven’t mentioned an exact date.
Mi 10 has the latest Snapdragon processor and it is much more affordable than the competitors. This is Mi 10’s key advantage.
The only complaint I have is that it doesn’t have a telephoto lens and has a measly 2MP macro and 2MP depth camera. This makes it look like a mid-range smartphone. But it does have a good main sensor though.
Except for this, Mi 10 looks like a really good flagship phone at affordable price. I’m really excited to test this device for the full review.
Are you satisfied with Mi 10 price in Nepal? What are your thoughts about the specs on this device? Lets us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the price of Mi 10 in Nepal?
The Mi10 price in Nepal is set Rs. 89,999. It is available in 8GB RAM and 256GB storage configuration.
Where can I buy Xiaomi Mi 10 in Nepal?
You can buy Xiaomi Mi 10 from offline stores and online stores (Daraz and Sastodeal).
What are the color options available on Mi 10?
The Mi 10 is available in two color options, Twilight Grey and Coral Green.
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Sony WH-1000XM4 ANC Headphone Launched in NepalNepal Hima Trade Link, the official distributor of Sony in Nepal has launched Sony WH1000XM4…
- Huawei Y8p with OLED Display and 48MP Camera Launched in NepalAfter a quiet launch of the Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei has launched Huawei Y8p in…
- Coolpad Cool X with 7.12 inch Display and 6000 mAh Battery Launched in NepalCoolpad is back in Nepal and they have been pretty busy with new smartphone launches.…