Vivo, the company that gave you phones like the Vivo V9, Vivo V9 Youth, and Vivo Y81 has revealed that it is getting ready for the launch of Vivo Y85 in mid-August. Prices and exact launch date haven’t been revealed yet. But the phone has already got us excited.
Vivo Y85 has a 19:9 elongated display with a notch that makes this phone look and feel modern. The cameras on the back are stacked vertically at the side. The back is made up of high-quality plastic with a depression for a fingerprint sensor right in the middle. You could say the design is heavily influenced by the iPhone. But if the phone looks good, maybe that’s a good thing.
Inside the Y85 lies the 12nm MediaTek Helio P22 chip which is a powerful midrange chip from MediaTek. You won’t have to worry about normal daily performance. It will be able to run all the apps you throw at it. And with 4GB RAM, multitasking won’t be a problem. We have some qualms about gaming though. You might be able to run the latest games but you won’t get the best experience out of it. If smartphone-gaming is a priority for you, look for a phone in the premium category like the iPhone X, or the Samsung Galaxy S9.
Vivo Y85 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.22 inch 720 x 1520 pixels (HD+), 19:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6762 Helio P22
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 64GB internal storage with microSD expandable storage (up to 256GB), 4GB RAM
- OS: Funtouch OS based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera: 13 MP F/2.2 + 2MP
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3260 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity, compass
Vivo Y85 Price in Nepal: TBD
The Vivo Y85 looks eerily similar to the Vivo Y81 launched some weeks ago. The design on the back is a little different and the Vivo Y85 has dual cameras but the internals, the screen, the processor, the OS, the battery size, all are the same.
Overall, the performance and your experience with this device would be similar to Y81. But Y85 does add an important feature missing from the Y81 – the fingerprint sensor.
So, if you want a fingerprint sensor, and a little better camera performance, wait for the Vivo Y85. Otherwise, Vivo Y81 is already a good phone. But, Vivo Y85 is a better all-around phone than the Y81 and we think it is worth the wait.
SEE ALSO: Vivo Mobiles Price in Nepal
- Samsung Galaxy J8 with Infinity Display Launched in Nepal: Price, Specifications
- Huawei Officially Unveils AI-powered Nova 3, Nova 3i Smartphones in Nepal
- Vivo Y81 with 6.22-inch HD+ Display Launched in Nepal at Rs. 24,190
- Honor 8S, with Entry-level Specs, Launched in Nepal for Rs. 12,500!Review of: Honor 8sReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On July 17, 2019Last modified:July 17, 2019Summary:Okay, there’s not…
- Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Rumored for Launch in 2019: What Should You Know?“If a commuter segment motorcycles were stylish, I’d definitely buy that!” “I want to buy…
- 2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 Officially Launched: Beautiful or Ugly?Finally! Suzuki decided to give Gixxer’s the much-needed redesign. Apparently, Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 and…