Vivo, a sister brand of Oppo, hasn’t quite seen the success as Oppo in the Nepalese market. But, they do release some great phones that shouldn’t be neglected by the consumers like the Vivo Y71, Vivo V9, and the Vivo V9 Youth. Vivo Y81 is one of those phones, and it has been launched in Nepal at a sweet price point of Rs. 24,190.
Vivo Y81 is a midrange phone with the now common, 19:9 elongated display in HD+ resolution. It’s a shame they didn’t go with a FullHD+ display but HD+ is Okay. The Mi A1, that costs nearly the same, has an FHD screen.Though the phone is nearly mostly plastic the design looks classy, and inside the minimalistic classy design of this phone lies a MediaTek Helio P22 processor which can handle most of the normal tasks like web browsing, Facebook scrolling, Instagram stalking, and YouTube binging that people do on their phones like a champ. However, it isn’t meant for gaming. Not many phones are made for gaming; only the phones in the premium category are actually capable of handling games without dropping many frames. We also expected to see a 4GB RAM but 3GB is a suitable pair for the processor used. Multitasking performance from a 3GB RAM is still reasonable. But 32GB storage might make you crave for external storage soon.
Vivo Y81 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.22 inch 720 x 1520 pixels (HD+), 19:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 32GB internal storage with microSD expandable storage (up to 256GB), 3GB RAM
- OS: Funtouch OS based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera: 13 MP (f/2.2), PDAF, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP (f/2.2)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3260 mAh battery
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity, compass
Vivo Y81 Price in Nepal: Rs. 24,190
The cameras of Y81 look good on paper. The 13 MP camera on the back and the 5 MP shooter on the front are pretty standard stuff. They are not poor for the price. Neither are they astounding. You’ll get a decent picture in adequate lighting; we aren’t expecting the low-light performance to be amazing at this price. The front camera is 5MP which is a slightly low pixel count but it’s fine if you are not a selfie fanatic. For occasional snaps in the sun, 5MP should do just fine.
Our reactions to the Vivo Y81 had been positive because it really is a nice all-around phone for someone on a budget. The device looks premium. The notch is a commonplace nowadays so it’s not much of a big deal. But the Vivo Y81 lacks a fingerprint sensor. And that may be a slight deterrent for many people who have gotten used to to the convenience of a fingerprint sensor. Vivo might add a facial unlock feature to have at least one biometric login system but it won’t be as good and fast as a fingerprint sensor.
Aside from this minor quibble, Vivo Y81 is a great phone for anyone looking for something classy and easy on the wallet. The performance is fine, and it will last you a day with moderate use. Customers might find it useful to look at phones from Xiaomi such as the Mi A1 and the Redmi 5 Plus before making their purchase decision.
SEE ALSO: Vivo Mobiles Price in Nepal
- Huawei Y5 Prime 2018 Launched in Nepal with 2GB RAM at Rs. 14,900
- Samsung Galaxy J6 With Face Recognition Launched in Nepal
- iPad 2018 Now Available in Nepal; Starts at Rs. 52,000
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- TicPods ANC Earbuds with 13mm HiFi Sound Driver Launched in NepalRecently, we have seen a lot of new TWS from different brands in Nepal. And,…
- TicWatch Pro 2020 with 30 Days Battery Life Launched in NepalMobvoi has finally launched TicWatch Pro 2020 in Nepal along with other smartwatches. Barun Enterprises…
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Launched in Nepal; Available Exclusively via DarazSamsung launched the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE via the Unpacked event about a month earlier.…