Vivo is in the verge of being one of the popular smartphones in Nepal. Overshadowed by Oppo smartphones, Vivo actually makes some decent smartphones. Due to a raging competition in the smartphone market, Vivo might not have performed very well in Nepali market.
But with the recent release of Vivo Y75 and Vivo V7, Vivo is now making its way to the mainstream Nepali market. Again, Vivo has officially released yet another smartphone: the Vivo V9, which has a notch resembling the iPhone X. The Vivo V9 price in Nepal is set Rs. 37,790.
Vivo V9 Specification Outline
Vivo V9 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 626. It brags features like efficient power usage, improved processing which is perfect for a midrange smartphone. Going into the performance, it has octa-core Cortex-A53 clocked at 2.2GHz.
It comes with a 4GB RAM, Adreno 506 graphics, and a large Li-Ion 3260 mAh battery. This should be more than capable enough to handle intense gaming sessions. You will get FunTouch OS which is based Android Oreo out of the box. This makes it one the few mid range smartphones to get Android Oreo instead of Nougat.
Let’s talk about its main selling point; the large screen and an impressive camera. Vivo V9 comes with a gigantic 6.3-inch 19:9 ratio IPS LCD display. It has 1080 by 2280-pixel resolution and 400 pixels per inch density.
Visually, you will get vibrant and crisp image quality. Speaking about the pièce de résistance, the camera. The camera has a dual 16MP + 5MP in the rear. It has f/2.0 aperture and dual-LED flash with Bokeh mode shot refocus support and much more.
Vivo V9 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS HD LCD display with Gorilla Glass
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8953-Pro Snapdragon 626
- CPU: Octa-core 2.2GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Memory: 64GB internal storage with microSD expandable storage (up to 256GB), 4GB RAM
- OS: Funtouch OS based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera: Dual 16 MP + 5 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 24 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3260 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Vivo V9 Price in Nepal: Rs. 37,790
Snapdragon 626 is a pretty powerful chip. I used the word “pretty” because it’s not the best you can get, but is more than required for your average daily usage. This paired with 4 gigabytes of RAM will get you through basically any workload without a hitch, well except those which are insanely demanding. I am not a great fan of the screen. For a phone that costs over 35 grand, an AMOLED Screen should have been there, but the IPS is not bad either.
The phone is lightweight. With just at 150 grams this phone has a plastic body. This looks very good on this phone but on the downside, it is a fingerprint magnet. One of the most catchy features is the iPhone like a notch.
I, personally, am not a great fan of the notch, but some people find it nice because you get that extra screen real estate. On this, the feeling is kind of a mixed bag. The advertised feature, the “AI Camera” is one feature that catches attention. We are yet to know whether it is a gimmick or it actually makes sense.
On top of all this, you get the mainstream features such as Face Unlock, Smart Split, and camera features like Bokeh effects. The Funtouch OS looks like a useless skin to me, but again it’s just me and some people might like it.
So, tell us in the comments down below about what you think of the Vivo V9.
SEE ALSO: Vivo Mobiles Price in Nepal
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- OnePlus Nord 2 Launched in Nepal: Pretty Expensive!OnePlus Nepal has launched the OnePlus Nord 2 in Nepal. OnePlus Nord 2 price in…
- LeoSquad: This Nepali Platform is Creating Effective Remote Work Solutions for StartupsIt has been more than a year since the viral outbreak has disrupted our work…
- SiTech Dev1 – First SiTech Electric SUV to Arrive in Nepal SoonSiTech Dev1 is coming soon in Nepal. EV Nepal Motors, the authorized distributor of SiTech…