Vivo has been making headlines worldwide with its wildly imaginative smartphone designs and engineering. It was the first smartphone maker to put the fingerprint scanner under the screen and do so with style. It was the first manufacturer to bring popup cameras to life.
But this doesn’t mean that Vivo only makes crazy hardware that may or may not see the light of the day. It also manufactures phones that most people would want to buy, in the budget or mid-range segments, like the Vivo V9 Youth or the Vivo Y71. Vivo launched recently… Vivo Y81 is one of those phones. It hasn’t launched in Nepal yet but Vivo Nepal has teased its release in it’s Facebook page. We don’t know the pricing and release date of Vivo Y81 in Nepal yet, but we will know it soon. Fingers crossed.
Vivo Y81 is a midrange phone which probably will have a midrange price. It has the now common, 19:9 elongated display in HD+ resolution. It’s a shame they didn’t go with a FullHD+ display but HD+ is typical of the price this phone might launch in. We would have to look at the screen to comment further. If you like other aspects of this phone, go to a physical store and see if the screen is good enough for you.
Inside the minimalistic classy design of this phone lies a MediaTek Helio P22 processor which will be fine for all normal tasks like web browsing, Facebook scrolling, Instagram stalking, and YouTube binging that people do on their phones. However, it isn’t meant for gaming. Not many phones are made for gaming; only the phones in the premium category are actually capable of handling games without dropping many frames.
Vivo Y81 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.22 inch 720 x 1520 pixels (HD+), 19:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 32GB internal storage with microSD expandable storage (up to 256GB), 3GB RAM
- OS: Funtouch OS based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera: 13 MP (f/2.2), PDAF, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP (f/2.2)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3260 mAh battery
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity, compass
Vivo Y81 Price in Nepal: TBD
The Vivo Y81 has a 13MP camera at the back which will snap good photos in daylight but will struggle at low light as with any other midrange phone. We would need to see the camera in action to comment on the detail and the dynamic range in the photos. The front camera is 5MP which is slightly low if you are coming from OPPO phones which have very good front cameras. But for occasional snaps in the sun, 5MP should do just fine. The battery is of a great size for a device with a midrange processor and an HD screen and we are confident that it will last you a full day of moderate use.
So far, as you can see, our reactions to the Vivo Y81 had been positive because it really is a nice phone. The all-metal build makes the device look and feel premium. The notch is a commonplace nowadays so it’s not much of a big deal. But the Vivo Y81 lacks a fingerprint sensor. And that may be a slight deterrent for many people who have gotten used to to the convenience of a fingerprint sensor. Vivo might add a facial unlock feature to have at least one biometric login system but it won’t be as good and fast as a fingerprint sensor.
Vivo is yet to launch the Y81. We are excited to see the phone in action and we will notify you the day Vivo drops this phone on the market. Until then keep on reading.
SEE ALSO: Vivo Mobiles Price in Nepal
- Huawei Y5 Prime 2018 Launched in Nepal with 2GB RAM at Rs. 14,900
- Samsung Galaxy J6 With Face Recognition Launched in Nepal
- iPad 2018 Now Available in Nepal; Starts at Rs. 52,000
- Symphony Mobiles to Launch 4 Budget Smartphones in NepalSymphony smartphone is a totally new brand for Nepal. Based in Bangladesh, Symphony bar phones…
- CFMoto 250SR Launch in Nepal Confirmed for Early 2021CFMoto 250SR is coming soon in Nepal. ANNA International Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of…
- HiFuture to Launch TWS and Smart Wearables in Nepal SoonPlenty of new brands are entering Nepal in the audio and smartwatch categories. HiFuture, a…