Samsung Galaxy J6 is one of the three phones that Samsung released within two weeks. Talk about ambition. The other two were the Samsung Galaxy A6 and the Galaxy A6+. And while the Galaxy A6 and the A6+ are a midrange device with a midrange price, the J6 is a budget midrange device. It costs just Rs. 24,790 for the 32GB model, and the Rs. 29,090 for the 64GB model.
Why is it priced so leniently? Because the design of Galaxy J series is not so great. And it lacks some niche features like fast charging. However, things seem to be about to change with the advent of the Galaxy J6. The J6 has an updated 18:9 tall screen that looks modern. But the build is still plastic. We wished it were metal but plastic is what Samsung is giving us this year.
SEE ALSO: Best Smartphones Under 30000 in Nepal
The back has a single 13MP primary camera below which sits an oval fingerprint sensor. That is a cool design. But it will depend upon people’s tastes. The camera, looking at past Samsung phones will deliver photos with punchy and vibrant colors.
On the front, we have a 5.6-inch elongated display of HD+ resolution. Though we would have loved to see an FHD screen, we are content that the panel is an AMOLED screen. That means deeper blacks and better contrast and vibrant colors. People will like this display. The performance will be what you expect from a midrange device – fluid multitasking and all but not so great gaming experience.
Samsung Galaxy J6 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.6 inches Super-AMOLED
- Resolution: 720 x 1480 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~294 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 7870 Octa
- CPU: Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T830 MP1
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Memory: 64 GB internal, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB internal, 3 GB RAM (storage on both models is expandable up to 256GB using external micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: 13 MP (f/1.9, 28mm), autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP, f/1.9, LED flash
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy J6 Price in Nepal: Rs. 24,790(32GB)/ Rs. 29,090(64GB)
If you are in search of a Samsung phone, something to replace your J2, then this phone might just be perfect for you. People familiar with Samsung’s Android UI will feel right at home with this phone. Coming from phones like Xiaomi or Huawei will take some time getting used to. Also, not everyone will like the plastic build when phones like Xiaomi Mi A1 with metal build gives similar performance, more RAM and storage, and a Full HD screen at a relatively lower price.
So, we recommend you to shop around if you are not exclusive to the Samsung club. You might get a better deal somewhere. Our mobile phones price list where phones are grouped in terms of the brand name is the perfect place to start searching for your best fit.
What do you think about the all-new Galaxy J6? Let us know in the comments below!
SEE AlSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- OnePlus Nord 2 Launched in Nepal: Pretty Expensive!OnePlus Nepal has launched the OnePlus Nord 2 in Nepal. OnePlus Nord 2 price in…
- LeoSquad: This Nepali Platform is Creating Effective Remote Work Solutions for StartupsIt has been more than a year since the viral outbreak has disrupted our work…
- SiTech Dev1 – First SiTech Electric SUV to Arrive in Nepal SoonSiTech Dev1 is coming soon in Nepal. EV Nepal Motors, the authorized distributor of SiTech…