Seems like there is no other smartphone manufacturer in the Nepali market nowadays. Huawei releases phones in dizzying speed. And even we find it difficult to keep track of the phones it keeps releasing every month. It launched the Huawei Y6 Prime just two days ago! The flagship Huawei P20 Pro was released just a fortnight ago. Now, it’s time for the Huawei Y5 Prime 2018 which costs Rs. 14,900.
Huawei Y5 Prime, as the price suggests, is geared towards the budget market. And the specs kinda reflect it. The screen is HD (typical of the price range) but it has an elongated 18:9 aspect ratio with small bezels all around the phone which gives it a modern look. The processor housed inside the metallic chassis is an entry level MediaTek chipset which is kind of a bummer and a little surprising. Bummer because it doesn’t perform as well as it’s Snapdragon counterpart and surprising because Huawei didn’t use its own in-house brand Kirin Chipset inside this device.
The storage and the RAM are also typical of the price range. It has 2GB RAM which is enough to make using basic apps like Facebook and YouTube enjoyable. But the 16GB RAM will need users to buy an SD card simultaneously with the phone. It is a good thing that this phone has a dedicated micro-SD card slot which means you don’t have to choose either to use another SIM or a micro SD card at the same time.
Huawei Y5 Prime 2018 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.45 inches LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720 x 1440 pixels
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6739
- CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8100
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM, 16GB (expandable via micro SD (dedicated slot))
- Primary Camera: 13 MP (f/2.0), AF, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP, LED flash
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3020 mAh battery
Huawei Y5 Prime 2018 Price in Nepal: Rs. 14,900
The cameras, analyzing from other Huawei Y-series phones, will give a great experience for the price. Good lighting conditions will ensure a satisfying photo but like any other budget smartphone, it will not perform well under low-light. If you want the best camera in your smartphone, you should look at the Huawei P20 Pro we mentioned earlier in the post.
Huawei Y5 Prime 2018 is a great addition to the competitive under 15K smartphone sector. Though it doesn’t excel in any one area, it provides a great all-round package that is good to look at too. What is severely off-putting personally is the lack of a fingerprint scanner. Though this may not be a big deal for many people and should not be a deal-breaker for a phone below 15K, once you have gotten used to the convenience of a fingerprint sensor, it is hard to look back. And several manufacturers include this feature under 15K.
The CG OMEGA 6 which costs under 10K also has a fingerprint sensor. Though Huawei has tried to mitigate this lack of a dedicated fingerprint sensor with a facial recognition feature, it doesn’t always work. So, if a fingerprint sensor is very very important to you, this phone might not be for you. But for others, this is a worthy buy.
SEE ALSO: Huawei Mobiles Price in Nepal
- Best Smartphones Under 15000 in Nepal
- Huawei Y6 Prime 2018 Launched in Nepal with 5.7-inch 18:9 Display and Android Oreo
- Samsung Galaxy J6 With Face Recognition Launched in Nepal
- Ncell Introduces “Wirefree+” Service: Here’s Everything We Know So Far!With internet usage at an all-time high, Ncell is bringing a new service called Ncell…
- Samsung Drops the Price of Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and 3 Other Smartphones in NepalRecently, Samsung hiked prices on some of the smartphones due to inflation and other consequences…
- iPhone SE (2020) Available for Pre-booking in Nepal – Price Starts at Rs. 73,000iPhone SE 2020 is a sequel to the first iPhone SE which was launched in…