There is always a battle between companies to introduce a smartphone with the best specifications and at the same time, at the least possible price. We, the team here at TechLekh, have compiled a list of 5 best smartphones under 30000 in Nepal. The following are some of the phones that provide great value for your money.
|Best Smartphones Under 30000 in Nepal||Price|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro||Rs. 26999 (6/64GB) Rs. 26999 (6/128GB)|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro||Rs. 23999 (4/64GB) Rs. 25999 (6/64GB) Rs. 28999 (6/128GB)|
|Samsung M30s||Rs. 24899 (4/64GB) / Rs. 30199 (6/128GB)|
|Vivo S1||Rs. 28990 (4/128GB)|
|Realme 5 Pro||Rs. 26990(4/128GB) / Rs. 29790 (8/128GB)|
|Samsung M40||Rs. 25999|
Best Smartphones Under 30000 in Nepal
#1. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
The Redmi Note 8 Pro steals all the glory in the mid-range segment. With its unwavering performance combined with a decent camera setup and a resonable battery capacity, the Redmi Note 8 Pro is still the go-to phone under Rs 30,000. Talking about the phone itself, on the rear is a stunning quad-camera setup with fingerprint embedded right on the camera bump. Under the gorilla glass protection is a huge 6.53-inch Full-HD+ LTPS LCD display with a 2340×1080 pixel resolution.
At its core, the device houses a gaming-centered Octa-Core Helio G90T processor paired with 6/8GB RAM. Just to be clear, the phone comes in three variants: 6/64GB, 6/128GB and 8GB/128GB and are available in 3 vibrant colors namely Gamma Green, Halo White, and Shadow Black.
The rear camera is centered around a 64MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor coupled with an 8MP ultrawide, a 2MP depth sensor and a dedicated 2MP macro sensor with a flash. Lastly, the Redmi Note Pro carries a huge 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charge support. This phone will certainly last more than a day with slightly heavy gaming as well.
Redmi Note 8 Pro Specifications
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD screen, Full HD+ (2340×1080 pixels), Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: Helio G90T
- GPU: Mali G76
- RAM: 6GB, 8 GB
- Storage: 64 GB, 128GB; Expandable
- Rear Camera: Quad camera – (64 MP, f/1.8, Dual Pixel PDAF) + (8 MP, f/2.2 (wide-angle) + (2 MP, f/2.4, macro lens) + (2MP, f/2.4, portrait lens)
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.2
- OS & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10 on top
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Gyro, accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4500 mAh; USB Type-C port
Redmi Note 8 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs. 26,999(6/64GB)/ Rs. 29,999(6/128GB)
|Great value||LCD Display Panel|
|Complete Camera Setup|
|Pretty Decent battery|
#2. Realme 5 Pro
The Realme 5 Pro features a full plastic chassis with a drop-down notch cut-out in the frontal glass. Featured under the glass is a 6.3” IPS LCD panel with an FHD+ resolution. At the core, we have an Octa-core Snapdragon 712 processor compiled with 4/6/8GB internals. Realme 5 Pro gets a 4035 mAh battery. The cherry on top is a 20W fast charger (VOOC 3.0) that’s capable of getting the phone to 50% in just 30 mins!
The nitty-gritty of the phone, however, lies in the camera department. Encased within the vertical camera array is a combination of 48MP Sony IMX586 Sensor, 8MP ultrawide sensor with a 119° FOV, a Super Macro 2MP sensor with a 4cm focal length and a 2MP depth sensor.
Realme 5 Pro Specifications
- Display: 6.3 inches FHD+ display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3+ protection; 450 nits’ brightness.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 712
- CPU: Octa-core (6 x Kryo 360 Silver at 1.7GHZ and 2 x Kryo 360 Gold at 2.3GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- RAM: 4/6/8 GB
- Internals: 64/128 GB onboard, expandable up to 256 GB through a dedicated slot
- Quad Rear Camera Setup:
– 48MP primary camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS,
– 8MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
– 2MP for 4cm macro with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
– 2MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 16MP with Sony IMX471 sensor
- OS: Android Pie (Color OS 6)
- Battery: 4035 mAh non-removable with VOOC Flash Charge 3.0
Realme 5 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs.26,990 (4/128GB)/Rs.29,790 (8/128GB)
|Quad camera setup|
|Battery + Fast Charging|
#3. Samsung M30s
Samsung M30s comes third in our list after the aforementioned phones. Samsung M30s price starts at Rs. 27,990 for 64GB variant and it provides you good value with some sacrifices.
Samsung M30s looks similar to the Samsung M30 and it’s not the best phone in terms of design. The polycarbonate finish on the back looks cheap and it can get easily scratched.
It has a 6.4” Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a 411 PPI pixel density. And, it’s one of the only phones to provide a Full HD AMOLED display for the price.
The M30s is powered by Exynos 9611 chipset. In addition, the chipset is paired with a 4/6GB RAM combined with 64/128GB storage. Exynos 9611 can run heavy games like PUBG and Asphalt 9 at medium-high settings, it’s not the best SoC for the price but it’s a fairly good one.
SEE ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
Moving on to the camera, it has a 48MP main camera coupled with an 8MP ultrawide and 5MP depth sensor. The rear camera of the M30s produces good images in daylight and you can always use 48MP mode for mode detailed images. The 16MP selfie camera does a decent job as well.
Finally, it’s monstrous 6000mAh battery is very impressive. This device can last for more than 2 days on moderate usage. Find out more in our review.
Samsung Galaxy M30s Specifications
- Display: 6.4 inches Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~411 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 9611 Octa (10nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 64GB/128GB, 6GB RAM (storage expandable up to 1TB using dedicated microSD card)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie), One UI
- Primary Camera: 48 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, 8 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera:16 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 6000 mAh battery, Fast Battery Charging 15W
- Sensors: FaceID, Fingerprint (rear), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Color: Opal Black, Sapphire Blue, Pearl White
Samsung Galaxy M30s Price in Nepal: Rs. 24,990 (6/64GB) / Rs. 30,190 (6/128GB)
|Best screen for the price||Design is not appealing|
|Good performance||Aggressive price|
|Decent camera performance|
|6000 mAh battery|
#4. Vivo S1
Vivo S1 sits 3rd in our list and it does rightly so.
The design in the phone is quite smooth, unique and has a shimmery bluish gradient in the center of the back in the Ice Black Version. Vivo S1 looks premium as well.
The display is a 6.38-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels. The screen is fully bezel-less with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 with a water-drop cut out at the front for the 25MP Front camera.
It comes with a MediaTek Helio P65 Octa-core processor and comes in 4GB/6GB variant with 128GB storage which can be expanded up to 256GB. Helio P65 is a decent chipset, it can run heavy games on medium-heavy graphics.
The rear is a triple camera setup with a 16MP primary camera with f 1.78, 8MP Ultra-Wide Camera with f 2.2 and a 5MP depth sensor with f 2.4. The front has a 32MP camera for selfies. Rear camera performs decent but it’s not great.
Finally, it has a 4500mAh battery which will last you more than a day and it also has an 18W fast charger. Vivo S1 is a sweet phone but Vivo’s Funtouch OS will not please everyone.
Vivo S1 Key Specifications
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P65 Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53) Processor
- Display: 6.38-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 4/6 GB RAM/128GB ROM can be expanded up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: Triple Camera Rear Setup // 16 MP, f/1.78, 13mm (ultrawide), PDAF // 8 MP, f/2.2, (wide) // 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor // Features include: LED flash, panorama.
- Video: Video [email protected] and [email protected]
- Front Camera: Single 32MP front camera at f 2.0 and video: [email protected]
- Battery: Non-removable 4500 mAh battery, Fast Charge 18W
- Security: In-built fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
Vivo S1 Price in Nepal: Rs. 28,990 (4/128GB)
|Good value||Poor Low light Photography|
|Large Battery||Funtouch OS|
|AMOLED Display||Inconsistent portrait selfie|
#5. Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
Redmi Note 7 Pro falls a little sort of its current forerunner, the Redmi Note 8 Pro. Even though its a generation old, its still a pretty justifiable phone for the allocated price.
The Redmi Note 7 Pro sports a 6.3” full HD+ display with glass in the front and back. Redmi Note 7 Pro looks pretty impressive.
It comes with Snapdragon 675 chipset that can run games like PUBG Mobile and Asphalt 9 without any struggles. Plus, it also comes with a 6GB RAM option.
The 48MP main camera captures good images with plenty of detail, high dynamic range, and good colors. The included night mode performs well and the 32MP selfie camera does a fine job. But, it lacks an ultrawide lens.
SEE ALSO: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in Nepal
The 4000mAh battery will last you for more than a day and it also supports Quick Charging of 18 Watts.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.3 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution:1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Memory: 64GB/ 128GB internal storage, 4/6GB RAM (storage expandable using micro SD card up to 256 GB)
- Primary Camera: Dual: 48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF; 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 13 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs. 23,999 (4/64GB), Rs. 25,999 (6/64GB), Rs. 28,999 (6/128GB)
|Great value||Lacks wide-angle camera|
#6. Samsung M40
Samsung Galaxy M40 comes with a 6.3-inch PLS TFT display with FHD+ resolution. It has 85.17% of screen to body ratio. Remember that this is not an AMOLED screen like some other phones in the A series from Samsung.
Inside, Galaxy M40 packs a competitive Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 chipset which is paired with 6GB of RAM. It’s the same chipset used in the Redmi Note 7 Pro and it’s the best in this price category.
For the camera at the back, you get a triple-lens setup with a 32MP main shooter, a 5MP depth, and an 8MP ultrawide one. M40 camera performance is good, especially the wide-angle camera. However, the 32MP sensor is not as useful as you might like it to be.
The phone is powered by a 3500mAh battery which should comfortably last you a day of light to moderate usage. Currently, this phone is available for Rs. 29,990 and for this price, M40 is a very attractive option.
Samsung Galaxy M40 Specifications
- Display: 6.3 inches PLS TFT Display with FHD+ Resolution (~85.17% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- Memory: 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Rear Camera: Triple (32MP+5MP+8MP)
- Front Camera: 16 MP
- Video (rear): [email protected]
- Video (front): [email protected]
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy M40 Price in Nepal: Rs. 25,999
|Decent triple camera setup||No AMOLED display|
|Good performance||Average battery|
|Good build quality||Glastic back catches scuffs|
Have Your Say
Rankings aren’t always the best representation of which smartphone might be the best one. This is our list best smartphones under 30000 in Nepal and some other person might have a different view on what they think is a great smartphone.
According to you, which is the best smartphone under 30000 in Nepal? Comment below.
- Foodmandu Fresh: A “Fresh” Transition to Deliver Essential Groceries in The Hour of NeedCOVID-19 has become a nightmare that’s gobbling up each and every fundamental aspect that our…
- E-commerce Companies in Nepal Facing Delivery Challenges, Pledges to Serve Customers Amid LockdownA lot has happened since the first announcement of a weeklong lockdown. But People will…
- Relief Packages Introduced by the Government That We Techies Must Know!The two-week lockdown imposed by the government has caused a huge disruption in the day-to-day…