Lately, Samsung has been churning out a lot of smartphones, more than usual! They have been actively trying to compete against the powerhouse like Xiaomi’s Redmi and Oppo’s Realme with its own M-Series and A-Series.
Well, that’s understandable. It all started from the Samsung A10, then Samsung A20, then Samsung M10, and… you know where I am going with this, right? Going by the trend, the list has been on a drastic increase with every new launch of M-Series or A-Series.Just recently, we saw the launch of Samsung Galaxy A70 and Samsung Galaxy M40. Not even a few days have gone by, Samsung Nepal has introduced us to the newest member of the A-Series, Samsung Galaxy A80.
If you aren’t sure which one is called the Samsung Galaxy A80, just remember, its the one with the fancy rotating camera. Anyways, it is now available on Daraz. As for the pricing, Samsung Galaxy A80 price in Nepal is Rs.79,990. Furthermore, with a 4% discount, you can grab your very own Samsung A80 for just Rs. 76,800!
Samsung Galaxy A80: Specs Rundown
Samsung Galaxy A80 is powered with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730. Furthermore, it consists of two main processors clocked at 2.2GHz while the remaining six is clocked at 1.8GHz. As for this writing, it is only available with 8GB of RAM along with 128GB internal storage. Unfortunately, there’s no microSD, so you’re kind of stuck with that storage.
Interestingly, it is Qualcomm’s newest chipset in the 700-Series. So, there won’t be any issues with the performance.
Likewise, you will get Samsung’s very own One UI, which is based on Android Pie (9). Moreover, you will also get an under-display fingerprint scanner. Unlike Samsung Galaxy A50’s under-display fingerprint, this will probably be a lot faster. Moreover, you will get a 3800mAh non-removable battery.
Read our Samsung Galaxy A70 Review
Samsung Galaxy A80: What’s New?
This is Samsung’s first device to sport a 6.7-inch FHD Super AMOLED Display. If that wasn’t impressive enough, it will not have any lousy notched or punch-hole display! Moreover, it will push that aspect ratio even further at 20:9.
How’s that possible? Well, thanks to that fancy rotating camera.
Most importantly, that camera isn’t just a gimmick. It is a triple camera setup with a motorized- rotating feature which basically lifts the back camera and flips it to use as the front camera. All in all, it has a 48MP main camera with f/2.0, an 8 MP f/2.2 wide cam along with TOF 3D camera for depth information.
Practically, you could simply use the main camera for both selfie and normal photography. If you really think about it, that’s insane! Just imagine that mind-boggling quality of the photos and videos!
Samsung Galaxy A80 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.70” FHD+ Super AMOLED display
- Chipset: Snapdragon 730
- CPU: 1.7GHz Octa-core (2×2.2GHz + 6×1.7GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- OS: Android Pie, One UI
- Memory: 8 GB RAM, 128GB ROM, no micro SD support
- Primary camera: 48 MP main sensor with auto-focus and OIS(Optical Image stabilization ); 8 MP ultra-wide sensor and a 3D depth sensor
- Battery: 3700 mAh with 25W Super-Fast Charging
Samsung Galaxy A80 Price in Nepal: Rs. 79,990
Samsung Galaxy A80 Price in Nepal (Daraz Offer): Rs. 76,800
Samsung Galaxy A80: Will This Be a OnePlus Alternative?
Okay, there’s always a two side to a story, right? On one hand, Samsung Galaxy A80 seems like a great candidate as a OnePlus alternative, especially on the camera. On the other hand, smartphone similar to OnePlus (like Redmi K20 Pro) comes with better hardware at a much lower price.
The overall package seems okay-ish, especially for a high-end mid-range smartphone. Moreover, almost every other features are all acceptable.
Display? Awesome! Performance? Good Enough!
However, there’s a but… The rotating camera concept seems cool and astounding. But the long term use is yet to be seen. Likewise, the battery is just 3700mAh!
Is it even enough to power the massive 6.7-inch FullHD Super AMOLED screen? Not at the slightest! Since it does support 25W Super-Fast Charging, I wouldn’t take the lack of 4000mAh or 5000mAh battery to heart.
Why would anyone choose Samsung Galaxy A80 over OnePlus 7?
Let’s just say, selfie with the main camera sounds awesome!
Meantime, watch our Samsung A70 Review:
- IME Pay Celebrates 1 Million Downloads on PlayStore with A GiveawayIME Pay, one of the popular digital wallets of Nepal has hit 1 million downloads…
- Yamaha Ray ZR 125 FI Street Rally Launched in Nepal for Rs. 2.54 LakhsAll-new sporty Yamaha Ray ZR 125 Street Rally is now available in Nepal. MAW Enterprises, the…
- Suzuki Gixxer 155 First Ride: Great First Impression!Suzuki Gixxer 250 was a total package! Suzuki’s naked flagship had everything one could ever…
- DJI Osmo Mobile 4 with Magnetic Clamp Design Now Available in NepalDJI announced its latest mobile gimbal, the Osmo Mobile 4 back in August. And, now…
- Jawa 42 Launched in Nepal: Classic Jawa in a Modern Avatar!Jawa 42 is now available in Nepal. Agni MotoInc Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributors of…