Samsung has been spewing out phone after phone in the budget and mid-range category. This year, they alone have made devices from A10 to A90, and from M10 to M30. Now, Samsung has launch another member of the Samsung Galaxy M family, the M40, in Nepal. The smartphone is available on Daraz for Rs. 36,190. The Galaxy M40 is also available in other online stores like Sastodeal and SmartDoko.
M40 was launched on 11th June in India. However, a full list of specs was leaked online by Mukul Sharma on Twitter some days prior. The leaks turned out to be pretty accurate.
Samsung Galaxy M40 comes with a 6.3-inch PLS TFT display with FHD+ resolution. It has 85.17% of screen to body ratio. Remember that this is not an AMOLED screen like some other phones in the A series from Samsung. Exclusion of AMOLED screen has been one of the distinguishing features of the M series compared to the A series.
Inside, Galaxy M40 packs a competitive Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor which is paired with 4GB/6GB of RAM. So, you will have 0 problems with normal apps like Instagram and Facebook. Multitasking will be smooth. You can definitely play any games you like but they won’t run in max settings.
The internal storage is 128GB for the 6GB model. Unless you shoot a lot of 4K videos, you won’t run out of this storage any time soon. Install google photos and you’ll be fine.
Samsung Galaxy M40 Specifications
- Display: 6.3 inches AMOLED(~85.17% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460)
- GPU: –
- Memory: 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Rear Camera: Triple (32MP+5MP+8MP)
- Front Camera: 16 MP
- Video (rear): 2160p@30fps
- Video (front): 1080p@30fps
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy M40 Price in Nepal: Rs. 36,190
For the camera at the back, you get a triple lens setup with a 32MP main shooter, a 5MP depth, and an 8MP ultrawide one. The main camera can shoot 4K 30fps videos. At the front, you are getting a 16MP selfie camera. This camera maxes out at 1080p video recording. Looking at the specs, the camera setup on the M40 looks beefy. One gripe that I have with this setup is that the 5MP lens is only depth sensor. A telephoto one would have been better.
SEE ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
The phone is powered by a 3500mAh battery which should comfortably last you a day of light to moderate usage. One important thing that customers may like to know is that the phone comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack.
So, this phone looks powerful on paper. The design is eye pleasing and it is one of the few phones out there with a punch hole display. If you don’t care much about the AMOLED screen and you tend to focus more on performance, it might be a better deal than the Galaxy A50.
- Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched: A Perfect Hatchback?If you’ve ever been shopping for a new hatchback, you might notice there’s something similar.…
- Here’s How You can Prebook the New Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+Samsung release two major flagships in a year; S series and then the Note series.…
- New and Upcoming Cars in NepalReview of: Upcoming Cars in NepalReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On August 21, 2019Last modified:August 21, 2019Summary:So,…