Redmi once again has rocked the smartphone world for budget-savvy customers. Just a few months ago, it did so with the Redmi Note 7 and Redmi Note 7 Pro. This time they have upped their game further by releasing the Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro. Out of these two phones, K20 pro has gained more popularity because, on paper, it looks like a OnePlus Killer. The VP of Xiaomi even branded the phone as the flagship Killer 2.0.
Redmi K20 pro costs $360 in China, OnePlus 7 costs $540, and OnePlus 7 Pro costs about $660. Redmi K20 Pro is a phone that specs-wise sits between OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. The major complaint about the phones from the company has been their bland design. Redmi K20 challenges that perception with a flaming radiant back design that looks super-cool in sunlight.
The front is nearly all-screen much like the OnePlus 7. The screen is an FHD+ 6.39 inch AMOLED display. This is a great display without a doubt and it surely matches what OnePlus 7 has to offer. But it doesn’t come close to beating the 1440p 90Hz refresh rate OLED panel on the OnePlus 7 pro. However, you should bear in mind that OnePlus 7 pro costs about $300 more.
The selfie camera is a pop-up camera that pops up from the left side of the display. It is a 20MP sensor.
Inside, the phone houses the latest Snapdragon 855 processor. This will be accompanied by either 6GB or 8GB RAM. So, you won’t have to worry about a thing about performance. There will be 3 different options for storage: 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB. If you go with the 128GB version, you won’t have to worry about storage either. But if you choose to go with the 64GB version, you should know that there’s no microSD expandability here.
Redmi K20 Pro Specifications
- Display: 6.39 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: Internal 256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6/8 GB RAM or 64GB, 6GB RAM
- Rear Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, Laser/PDAF & 8 MP, f/2.4, 53mm (telephoto), 1/4″, 1.12µm, Laser/PDAF, 2x optical zoom & 13 MP, f/2.4, 12mm (ultrawide), 1/3″, 1.12µm
- Front Camera: 20 MP, f/2.2
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/120/240fps, [email protected], HDR
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 18W
Redmi K20 Pro Price in Nepal: TBD
Like the OnePlus 7 Pro, Redmi K20 pro has an under display fingerprint sensor too. This is an optical fingerprint sensor but it’s a 7th gen sensor. Xiaomi is boasting 100% more photo-sensitive area, 30% more accuracy, and 15% increased scanning area than the previous generation optical fingerprint sensors. The speed will be similar to what OnePlus offers.
Redmi K20 pro also supports 27W fast charging that can charge the internal 4,000mAh battery within 80 minutes. You will only get an 18W charger in the box though. One of the best things about the K20 pro may be that this smartphone includes a headphone jack!!!
OnePlus 7 pro starts at the asking price of $660. While this price is nowhere near as much as the $1000 flagships, K20 pro’s starting price of $360 for the 6GB/64GB variant blows OnePlus’s pricing out of the water. Even the specced out 8GB/256GB version costs about $435 (These prices are a direct translation of the Chinese price). If we look at the price to performance ratio of the phone, Redmi K20 pro knocks OnePlus 7 out of its throne. Redmi really succeeded in making a flagship killer 2.0.
Now, to answer the question that we posed in the title: Will the Redmi K20 pro come to Nepal? Good news for you is that we’ve got some good intel. Xiaomi Nepal is working internally to bring this phone to Nepal, however, things are not finalized yet. They are even trying to match the India launch date and Nepali launch date. So, you may see the face of this phone in Nepal this July. Pricing hasn’t been fixed yet but I hope that it will come under the 45K price bracket. If that happens, people won’t have much reason to buy the OnePlus 7.
- Jawa Motorcycle Launch in Nepal Confirmed!Jawa Bikes are coming to Nepal! Everyone expected the iconic brand to make its way…
- Aprilia Scooters Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsAprilia Scooters are built for those looking for performance scooters in Nepal! Aprilia is an…
- Apple MacBook Pro Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsMacBook Pro is the Pro version of Apple MacBook. Apple has three variants of the…