Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 9 Pro in Nepal back in June along with Redmi Note 9. Xiaomi fans were disappointed to not see the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. But, now they have finally launched the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max in Nepal.
This comes as one of the product launches from their 7 surprise products. Yesterday, Mi Nepal had announced about the launch of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max via their social channels.
So, what does the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max provides that the Note 9 Pro does not? Let’s find out!
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Specifications
- Body: 165.5 x 76.7 x 8.8 mm, 209 g, Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.67 inches IPS LCD, 1080 x 2400 Resolution, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, 395 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.3 GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 465 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 128GB/64GB ROM 6GB/8GB RAM, UFS 2.1
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 11
- Rear Camera: 64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- Front Camera: 32 MP, (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Video: [email protected] fps
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5020 mAh battery, Fast charging 33W, 50% in 30 min
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Fingerprint (side-mounted), Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, 3.5mm Headphone jack
- Colors: Aurora Blue, Glacier White, Interstellar Black
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Price in Nepal: Rs. 31,999 (6/128GB) / Rs. 34,999 (8/128GB)
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Overview
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and the Redmi Note 9 Pro are identical from the outside. The Note 9 series fancies a new minimalistic design change. A Square hump in the middle of a glass canvas i.e. the Aura Balance Design (as Xiaomi Likes to call it) is a modest design change to the Redmi family.
The minimalist design is further stretched to the front as well with the introduction of punch-hole cutouts. And, the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max gets a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Personally, I really like the design of the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max over the Note 8 Pro.
On the front, the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max has the same 6.67-inch IPS LCD Panel that stretches up to 85% percent; credits to the minimalistic punch-hole cutout.
Though it’s a full HD panel and it’s protected by Gorilla Glass 5 but it’s a 60Hz display which could be bummer for some MI fans.
Just like the Redmi Note 9 Pro, the Note 9 Pro Max uses Snapdragon 720G. It has a quad-core CPU with a max clock of 2.3 GHz and Adreno 618 GPU.
If we compare the Snapdragon 720G with Helio G90T used on the Note 8 Pro, the 720G has a better CPU score than G90T but the G90T pulls ahead in terms of GPU scores.
Irrespective of the numbers, both of the chipset will provide identical performances but Snapdragon 720G is more efficient than the G90T as it’s built-in an 8nm process whilst G90T is built in 12nm process. This will ultimately lead to better battery and thermals on the Snapdragon 720G.
Furthermore, Redmi Note 9 Pro Max has 6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage. And, it comes with NAVIC as well which is India’s alternative for GPS.
The real difference between the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro and Note 9 Pro Max is in the main camera sensor. Redmi Note 9 Pro has a quad-camera setup on the rear with a 48MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM2 main sensor.
Whereas the Redmi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max has the 64MP ISOCELL GW1 sensor used on the Note 8 Pro, Samsung M31, and Realme 6. Also, it has a 32MP sensor for selfies instead of 16MP used on the Note 9 Pro.
Except for this, everything else is the same as it also has an 8MP ultra-wide angle sensor, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 5MP macro sensor.
In terms of battery, the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max has a 5020 mAh battery just like the Note 9 Pro. But, it comes with a 33W fast charging in the box compared to 18W charging on the Note 9 Pro.
Moving on the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max runs on Android 10 and MIUI 11. And it is eligible for future updates as well. It also retains the headphone jack if you care about that.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Price in Nepal, Availability, and Impressions
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max price in Nepal is Rs. 31,999 for the 6/128GB variant and Rs. 34,999 for 8/128GB variant. It will be available for purchase from 12th August from Mi offline stores and online stores across Nepal.
|Model Name||Price in Nepal||Availability in Nepal|
|Redmi Note 9 Pro Max (6/128GB)||Rs. 31999||From Aug 12 2020|
|Redmi Note 9 Pro Max (8/128GB)||Rs. 34999||From Aug 12 2020|
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max is a slight step up to the Redmi Note 9 Pro. The 64MP camera and the 30W charging is a welcome addition. And, it’s just Rs. 2000 more than the Redmi Note 9 Pro.
However, it does not look a huge step up when compared to the Redmi Note 8 Pro. Redmi Note 8 Pro has better gaming performance due to the Helio G90T chipset but Note 9 Pro Max can also perform pretty well. It’s just that the games haven’t been optimized for the Snapdragon 720G.
Between Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro, Note 9 Pro Max is the obvious choice. But, Note 8 Pro is slightly better for gaming.
What’s your take on the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max? What are your thoughts about the specs on this device? Lets us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Redmi Note 9 Pro Max available in Nepal?
Yes, Redmi Note 9 Pro Max will be available from 12th August 2020 in Nepal.
What is the price of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max in Nepal?
The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max price in Nepal is set Rs. 31,999(6/128) and Rs. 34,999(8/128).
Where can I buy Redmi Note 9 Pro Max in Nepal?
You can buy Redmi Note 9 Pro Max from Mi offline stores and online stores.
What are the color options available on Redmi Note 9 Pro Max?
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max is available in Aurora Blue, Glacier White, and Interstellar Black color.
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- SiTech Dev1 – First SiTech Electric SUV to Arrive in Nepal SoonSiTech Dev1 is coming soon in Nepal. EV Nepal Motors, the authorized distributor of SiTech…
- News Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Launched with More FeaturesYamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid has been launched in India. Yamaha Motors India has revealed the…
- Honda Grazia 125 BS6 Launched in Nepal: New Changes, New Price!Honda Grazia BS6 is now available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company, the authorized distributor of…