A fortnight hasn’t passed since Vivo launched the Vivo Y17. It was launched on the 24th of May and I praised it for taking a different approach to midrange phones than what was popular. You can read the launch article here. Now, Vivo has launched another smartphone in its already extensive lineup. It is called Vivo Y15. The Vivo Y15 price in Nepal is set Rs. 26,290.
Vivo Y15 comes with 6.35-inch HD+ IPS LCD display. Not getting an FHD+ screen at the lower midrange segment is normal. However, nearly all the phones that launch above 23K have an HD screen nowadays. For example, Redmi Note 7, Samsung Galaxy A30, and Xiaomi Mi A2 lite. Let’s just say that the screen is not the strongest suit of this phone. But you do get used to the screen that you use daily pretty soon.
The back of the phone has a gradient pattern which has become a commonplace among phones nowadays.
Vivo Y15 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.35 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Resolution: 720 x 1544 pixels (~268 ppi density)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, Funtouch 9
- Memory: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM (microSD up to 256GB)
- Primary Camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, PDAF & 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide) & 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
Vivo Y15 Price in Nepal: Rs. 26,290
Inside, the phone packs an Helio P22 processor. This processor performs slightly better than the Snapdragon 625. Snapdragon 625 is the same processor found on the Mi A2 lite. This processor is combined here with 4GB of RAM. So, I don’t think we have to worry much about the performance of this phone. Normal apps like Facebook and Instagram will run without hiccups and multitasking will be smooth.
The mains star of the show is probably the triple lens rear camera setup. Vivo Y15 has a 13 MP primary lens which is combined with an 8 MP ultrawide lens and a 2 MP depth sensor. This is the same camera setup that is found on the more expensive Vivo Y17. The inclusion of the ultrawide sensor is what impressed me the most. I have got high hopes for these cameras, however, we will have to test these cameras ourselves to give you a clear verdict about their performance.
Now, we have to talk about the battery. Vivo Y17 packs a massive 5000 mAh battery. This combined with the lower-res screen means, you should get at least two days of moderate use with this phone. This is a very alluring feature for many people.
SEE ALSO: Vivo Mobiles Price in Nepal
Overall, Vivo Y15 is a good mid-range smartphone. Most mid-range phones, like the ones I mentioned above, nowadays are trying to give the customers more power and cutting corners in places like design, battery, and cameras, Vivo Y15 is taking the opposite approach. The processor here may not be that powerful but the camera setup and the battery are great. But only the future will tell if customers will like this approach. We will tell you if Vivo becomes successful. Continue checking TechLekh.
- Xiaomi Launches Mi 10 5G with 108MP Camera and SD 865 in Nepal at Rs. 89,999Xiaomi is known for value phones with top-notch specifications and affordable price tag. In brief,…
- Yamaha Fascino 125 FI Bookings Open: Most Affordable FI Scooter in Nepal!Among countless achievements, Yamaha was the first two-wheeler company to introduce Fuel Injected technology in…
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite with Snapdragon 730G Launched in NepalXiaomi has established itself as a leading smartphone manufacturer with impressive smartphones at an affordable…