Samsung Galaxy A30 is the smaller brother of the Samsung Galaxy A50. It is one of the new members of the Samsung Galaxy A series that has been revamped for 2019. Samsung Galaxy A30 was launched on 17th March, about 2 weeks ago, for Rs. 28,490 but Samsung is discounting it already.
Now, Samsung Galaxy A30 will carry an MRP of Rs. 26,990. This is a Rs. 1500 drop over the previous price and this drop is permanent.
For those of you who didn’t know about Samsung Galaxy A30 but want to know more about it, keep reading this article.
Galaxy A30 comes packing an FHD+ Super AMOLED display. This is the same display that was used in the Galaxy A50, and it will be the best display in this price category without question. Samsung Galaxy A30 packs an Exynos 7904 inside. This is a lower midrange processor from Samsung like the Snapdragon 630. So, I don’t expect this to be a gaming machine but normal tasks like calling, texting, navigating, etc will be a breeze.
hat processor is paired with a 4GB RAM RAM. This means no problem with multitasking too (at least with the 4GB model. You have 64GB for internal storage respectively. These are amazing specs for the price.
Samsung Galaxy A30 Specifications
- Display: 6.4 inches Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 7904 Octa (14nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- Memory: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM (storage expandable up to 512GB using microSD card)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with One UI on top
- Primary Camera: 16 MP, f/1.7, PDAF & 5 MP, f/2.2, 12mm, (ultrawide)
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Samsung Galaxy A30 Price in Nepal: Rs. 26,990
At the back, you have a glass-like finish that shimmers when you reflect light on it. It does look super-cool but is a fingerprint magnet. If you want to admire that shiny back, you’ll have to keep a microfiber cloth with you all the time.
The dual camera setup combines a 16MP primary lens with a 5MP ultra-wide lens. This camera setup looks okay on paper but we will have to test it out ourselves to give our verdict. There’s also a capacitive fingerprint sensor at the back of this phone.
This phone will ship with 4000mAh non-removable battery and will support fast charging speeds. It also supports USB-C connectivity.
Overall, Samsung Galaxy A30 is an amazing value for its asking price of Rs. 26,990. The screen is breathtaking and the performance and the cameras are fine. This phone might just be the best smartphone to buy under 30K in Nepal right now. And now that the Galaxy A30 is nearly Rs. 7000 cheaper than the A50, I can understand people opting to choose for the A30 because of the price.
If 7K is not a problem for you I still think A50 is a better phone for most. It has a better processor, it supports Bluetooth 5.0, has an in-display fingerprint sensor, and has a full IP68 certification. The bottom line is that if you can stretch your budget, buy the Galaxy A50; if you can’t spend a paisa above 30K, buy the Galaxy A30.
- DWIT Job Fair 2019, One of Biggest IT Job Fair in Nepal, Slated for September 20After the successful completion of two iterations of IT Job fair in 2017 and 2018,…
- Nepal Electricity Authority to Install 50+ Charging Station Across Nepal“Is Nepal Government Promoting Electric Vehicles?” If you had asked me that a few years ago,…
- Khalti, Nepali Digital Payment App, Hits 500K+ Downloads on Google Play StoreKhalti, the second largest mobile wallet, payment gateway & service in Nepal has crossed 500,000…