Two weeks ago, I predicted that Vivo Y17 would be coming to Nepal on the 24th of May. Of course, it was no random picking of a date, it was an educated guess. It was the one month anniversary of the launch of Vivo V15. And I was spot on in my prediction. Vivo launched the Y17 yesterday and the Vivo Y17 price in Nepal is set at Rs. 31,490.
Vivo Y17 comes with 6.35-inch HD+ IPS LCD display. Not getting an FHD+ screen at the lower midrange segment is normal. However, nearly all the phones that launch above 23K have an HD screen nowadays. For example, Redmi Note 7, Samsung Galaxy A30, and Xiaomi Mi A2 lite.
And at 31,490, I think this is a bad move from Vivo. Why would you go for an HD+ LCD screen when you are getting an FHD+ AMOLED screen (Samsung Galaxy A30) for 5K less? The back of the phone has a gradient pattern which has become a commonplace among phones nowadays.
Vivo Y17 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.35 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Resolution: 720 x 1544 pixels (~268 ppi density)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, Funtouch 9
- Memory: 128 GB, 4 GB RAM (microSD up to 256GB)
- Primary Camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, PDAF & 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide) & 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 20 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
Vivo Y17 Price in Nepal: Rs. 31,490
Inside, the phone packs a Helios P35 processor. This processor performs similarly to the Snapdragon 660. Snapdragon 660 is the same processor found on the Mi A2. This processor is combined here with 4GB of RAM. So, I don’t think we have to worry much about the performance of this phone. Normal apps like Facebook and Instagram will run without hiccups and multitasking will be smooth. Gaming might suffer a little though
The mains star of the show is probably the triple lens rear camera setup. Vivo Y17 has a 13 MP primary lens which is combined with an 8 MP ultrawide lens and a 2 MP depth sensor. This looks like a winning setup in my eyes. The inclusion of the ultrawide sensor is what impressed me the most. I have got high hopes for these cameras, however, we will have to test these cameras ourselves to give you a clear verdict about their performance.
Another amazing aspect of the phone is the massive 128GB of internal storage. This is more than what most of you people would ever need. Unless you shoot a ton of 4K videos and don’t delete them after exporting, you won’t have to worry about the storage for a long long time. Then, we have to talk about the battery. Vivo Y17 packs a massive 5000 mAh battery. This combined with the lower-res screen means, you should get at least two days of moderate use with this phone.
Overall, Vivo Y17 is shaping up to be a very different phone. While most mid-range phones nowadays are trying to give the customers more power and cutting corners in places like storage and cameras, Vivo Y17 is taking a different route.
The processor it uses is decent but it has got the most gigantic battery in a mid-range smartphone, a great triple lens camera, and massive storage that is a tremendous boon for people who heavily rely on offline storage.
Maybe this is what the people who choose to buy the phones around 30K want. Anyways, you’ve got a choice to make now: performance and screen or battery life and storage. Drop the comments below to tell us about your choice.
- Samsung A21s with Exynos 850 and HD+ Screen to Launch in Nepal SoonSamsung Galaxy A21s was launched last month in India. And, now it’s heading to Nepal.…
- DFSK Glory 560, Affordable Seven Seater SUV, Launching in Nepal SoonDFSK Glory 560 is launching soon in Nepal! Kuzu Nepal Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributors…
- vivo Y30 with 5000 mAh Battery & Helio P35 Launching in Nepal SoonVivo recently launched the vivo V19 in Nepal And, now Vivo is ready to launch…