Xiaomi along with other Chinese manufacturers have been on the driving seat when it comes to the budget phones. And, with the recent release of Redmi Note 7 and much hyped Redmi Note 7 Pro, Xiaomi’s grip on the mid-tier market looks even more solid.
Redmi Note 7 Pro and Note 7 were launched in on February 2019 and now the later has made it into Nepal along with the Redmi 7. However, it’s sad to know that the Redmi Note 7 Pro won’t be hitting the shelves of Nepal.
Redmi Note 7 Pro is a beast of a mid-range phone. And it would have been a compelling device not to be missed but the Redmi Note 7 is quite impressive as well.
As always Xiaomi has not compromised on the performance department. The Redmi Note 7 comes with Snapdragon 660 and has 3 variants available in Nepal; 3GB + 32GB, 4GB + 64GB, 4GB + 128GB. The prices for these variants are Rs. 21,999, Rs. 24,999 and Rs. 26,999 respectively.
Redmi Note 7 Features
First, let’s talk about the specs of the Redmi Note 7. Redmi Note 7 sports a 6.3-inch full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) display IPS LCD protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It is powered by the Snapdragon 660 octa-core SoC, paired with up to 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
The Redmi Note 7 features a dual camera setup. One of these cameras is a massive 48-megapixel Samsung GM1 sensor with f/1.8 aperture and the other is a 5-megapixel sensor. A 13-megapixel sensor handles selfies at the front. The smartphone packs a 4,000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4 support and comes in Twilight Gold, Fantasy Blue, and Bright Black colour options.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.3 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Memory: 64 GB internal storage, 4/6GB RAM, or 32GB internal storage & 3GB RAM (storage expandable using micro SD card up to 256 GB)
- Primary Camera: Dual: 48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF; 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 13 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Price in Nepal: Rs. 21,999 (3GB + 32GB) / Rs. 24,999 (4GB + 64GB) / Rs. 26,999 (4GB + 128GB)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is a beast of a midranger. It is covered in gorilla glass both at the front and the back. And Xiaomi even uploaded a video showing them breaking walnuts with the phone. Now that’s interesting. The design is not too flashy but it does look good. Xiaomi has adopted the waterdrop notch for this phone.
The Snapdragon 660 has already proven itself as a capable midrange processor. This is the same processor used in Xiaomi Mi A2, so you won’t have any problems regarding performance with this phone. The games will run smoothly, although not in the highest graphics settings, and normal apps like Facebook and Instagram won’t give you much trouble. Also, with 3GB, 4GB, or 6GB RAM, multitasking won’t be a problem.
SEE ALSO: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in Nepal
Now, let’s move on to the highlight of this phone, the most marketable feature of this phone – the cameras. Any phone with a 48MP sensor is sure to boast about it. We don’t blame Xiaomi for it. But we can’t comment on the photo quality until we use this phone ourselves. What I can say is that international reviewers have said that the cameras work charmingly for the price.
Redmi Note 7 vs Other smartphones
Redmi Note 7 uses an older processor, the Snapdragon 660. Well, it’s not the best available mid-range market, the 660 is capable of handling even heavy games. Right now some of the phones with Snapdragon 660 are Realme 2 Pro priced at Rs. 31,999, Mi A2 priced at Rs. 30,999, VIVO V11 Pro priced at Rs. 49,490. So, if you look at the value of 128GB variant Redmi Note 7, it is godlike. Not to forget it also has a 48MP camera. Thus, this phone is set to be the best phone for the price tag at the moment.
- ‘Sagoon Lite’ App Now Available for Download in Nepal: Nepal’s First Anonymous Social AppSagoon is a social commerce platform which was launched back in late 2015. Since then,…
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 & Note 10+: 10 Features You Must Know!It’s been 8 years since the Note series came in to existence. After 8 years,…
- Jeep Compass Trailhawk Coming Soon in Nepal; Confirmed for NADA Auto Show 2019!This year’s NADA Auto Show is packing to be one of the most anticipated events…