Vivo, the company that brought you the real bezel-less future, is also the company that first introduced the world to the in-display fingerprint sensor, and a pop-up camera. This company is not afraid to try new and bold designs. Even phones in the budget category from Vivo look particularly eye-catching. That may be the reason for its recent success and growing brand following.
Design wise, we don’t yet know how the V11 is going to look because it hasn’t been announced yet. We are guessing it will look somewhat like the Vivo V9. But, recent leaks have shown that the notch would be near non-existent. It would just outline the camera resulting in a water-drop shape. Just think of it like the notch on the essential phone but even smaller.
We know only a little about the internals though. Vivo V11 is said to come boasting a Snapdragon 636 chip which Qualcomm claims to be 40% faster than it’s predecessor, i.e. the Snapdragon 630. But there has been news on the phone using a Snapdragon 660 instead. Both these chips are midrange chips, and like any other mid-range chip, normal day to day performance will be smooth but they lack in the raw power of the latest 800 series processors which affects their gaming performance. But you sure won’t buy this phone if you are very devoted to Android games; you’d look for more powerful handsets like the Galaxy S9, or the OnePlus 6.
The RAM is said to be 4GB or 6GB which is plenty enough for even the most hardcore multi-tasker. And the internal storage is assumed to be 64GB which must be ample enough for most people but there is an option to expand it using a micro-SD should the internal storage prove insufficient.
Vivo V11 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.26 inch 1080 x 2280 pixels FHD+ 19:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa-core (1.8 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 260 + 1.6 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Memory: 64GB internal storage with microSD expandable storage (up to 256GB), 4GB/ 6GB RAM
- OS: Funtouch OS based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera: 16 MP + 8MP with PDAF and LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 24 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3180 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity, compass
Vivo V11 Price in Nepal: TBD
Aside from the processor, RAM, and storage, the other thing that seems pretty much fixed to make its appearance in the V11 is the 6.26-inch screen. It will be a full HD+ screen with a resolution of 1080 x 2280 and 19:9 aspect ratio. It might be an AMOLED screen but an IPS LCD panel is more likely. We might even see an in-display fingerprint sensor.
Now, the exact specifications of the camera are still debatable. Different sources have claimed different size of the sensor. But most agree that the back of the phone will have a dual lens setup and the front will have a huge 24MP selfie camera. We’d have to test the phone before we can comment on the picture quality.
We don’t know the pricing and the exact date of availability yet but we’d notify you as soon as we get a whiff about it. Indian media outlets have speculated that Vivo V11 might launch on September 6. How do they know it? Vivo sent out an invitation for an event. If we were to place a price by looking at the phone through the paper, 40K-45K might be suitable for what you are getting.
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 TD (Twin Disc) Launched in Nepal at Rs. 2,55,900
- TVS Motor Rolls Out Race Edition 2.0 of Apache RTR 200 4V at Rs. 3.25 Lakhs
- Hartford Introduces New 2018 VR 150 and VR 223 Dirt Bikes in Nepal