The first of the S series, Vivo S1, is it a phone that will take VIVO to newer heights? Priced at Rs. 34,690 in Nepal; Vivo S1 looks and feels kind of premium at start. But is it as premium on the inside as it is in the outside?
For now, let’s have a look at everything the phone has to offer.
Vivo S1: Let’s look at the specs
The design in the phone is quite smooth, unique and has a shimmery bluish gradient in the center of the back in the Ice Black Version.
The display is 6.38-Inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels. The screen is fully bezel-less with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 with a water-drop cut out at the front for the 25MP Front camera.
It comes with a mediaTek Helio P65 Octa-core processor and comes in 6GB /128GbB variant which can be expanded up to 256GB. The phone currently runs on FunTouch OS based on Android 9. The phone has huge battery capacity of 4,500mAh which will easily last a day with medium usage and with fast charging it will fully charge the battery at around 90 minutes. For security, the phone contains an in-display fingerprint sensor and face unlock which is pretty fast and accurate.
The rear is a triple camera setup with 16MP primary Camera with f 1.78, 8MP Ultra-Wide Camera with f 2.2 and a 5MP depth sensor with f 2.4. The front has a 32MP camera for selfies with f 2.0 which is the main highlighting feature of the phone. The phone does support dual SIM setup. The headphone jack is still present in the phone as well. And extra features for the phone include USB 2.0, OTG, GPS, kids-mode and eye-protection mode
Vivo S1 Key Specifications
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P65 Octa core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53) Processor
- Display: 38-Inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels and aspect ratio of 19.5:9
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 6 GB RAM/128GB ROM can be expanded up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: Triple Camera Rear Setup // 16 MP, f/1.78, 13mm (ultrawide), PDAF // 8 MP, f/2.2, (wide) // 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor // Features include: LED flash, panorama.
- Video: Video 2160@30fps and 1080@30fps
- Front Camera: Single 32MP front camera at f 2.0 and video: 1080@30fps
- Battery: Non-removable 4500 mAh battery, Fast Charge 18W
- Security: In-built fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
Vivo S1 Price in Nepal: Rs. 34,690
So how is the Vivo S1?
The Vivo S1 will be representing the entire S-series well the phone needs to be impressive. Am I right? Well the phone is pretty cool actually. For a mid-ranger I guess it has some really good aspects. The Helio P65 processor, in-display fingerprint sensor, the 32MP front camera, 4500 mAh battery, 18W Fast charging are aspects of the phone that I really like.
With the features it provides and the price in which this phone comes, it will be competing with phones like Samsung M40 and cheaper but a powerful device Redmi Note 7 Pro, Realme 2 Pro, Honor Play, Oppo F11 and also Pocophone. In comparison to these devices it does fall short but it does have the capacity to prove themselves.
In the end it’s all dependent up to you. If you prefer to use the front camera more often, need larger battery life then this phone is definitely for you. Else for this price point and the features when taken into consideration, there are some better options available out there.
- New and Upcoming Cars in NepalReview of: Upcoming Cars in NepalReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On August 21, 2019Last modified:August 21, 2019Summary:So,…
- Hero Scooters Price in NepalReview of: Hero ScootersVersion:Latest & UpdatedPrice:Rs. 164000 to Rs. 206000Reviewed by: Abhishek GuptaRating:4On August 21,…
- Tata Harrier, Renamed as Tata H5! Launch Date Confirmed for NADA Auto Show 2019!Review of: 2019 Tata HarrierPrice:TBDReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:5On August 21, 2019Last modified:August 21, 2019Summary:Well, the…