Pocophone, is a name that has been in many people’s mind for a very long time. The features that it provided at the time of launch is still one of the best features that a mid-range phone can provide. And because of its popularity with the people, it’s never in stock.
However, this is a great opportunity to grab one if you still wish to experience the Pocophone, Sastodeal is restocking the pocophone at a cheaper price. The 6GB/128GB version of the Pocophone will be releasing at Rs. 29,999 and the pre-bookings are available now. You pre-book the Pocophone from this link. The delivery will be starting from the 4th of August.
Now, the question that remains is after almost a year after it’s release, is it still worth it? Well let’s have a look at the features that the pocophone provides again and then, we’ll decide,
Pocophone F1: Let’s looks at the specs
Starting with the build quality itself, the phone has a plastic back which is a fingerprint magnet but if you don’t like plastic, there is an armored version available which is also sort of like a protection. The front is glass and is protected by gorilla glass. The phone does have a notch but it houses two selfie cameras and the front speaker.
The back is comprised of dual cameras, a fingerprint sensor and the POCOPHONE Logo. The phone also has a USB C port and also a headphone jack which is slowly going extinct in the mid-range category.
Then moving to display, it has a 6.18-Inch 1080 x 2246 pixels resolution and an aspect ratio of 18.7:9 ratio. It surely doesn’t compare with the super AMOLED Display in many of the mid-range devices but the display is still crisp clear with good viewing angles, good color presentation and better contrast ratio. The phone is also bright in sunlight and the auto brightness is also impressive.
Performance wise I can still vouch for the phone. This phone offered the same snapdragon processor that is present in the flagship Note 9. The phone offers the Snapdragon 845 which is still a really powerful, power-efficient processor and can handle the loads that today’s high-end device can handle really easily. The processor is Octa core with Adreno 360. The phone comes in 2 variants with 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM or 6GB RAM with 64/128GB ROM.
And OS wise it comes with MIUI 10 on top of Android Pie. With these major features, it still competes with the top tier mid-range and flagship devices out there. Gameplay and Video Quality in this phone is quite smooth and has no frame drops at all. The phone is also packed with a 4000 mAh battery which is really difficult to completely drain even with heavy usage. And the phone also offers a quick charge 3.0 at 18W which can give you around 40-50% charge at 45 minutes.
The camera is also pretty decent and is as good as the mid-range devices out there right now. The rear is a dual camera setup with the main camera at 12MP and f 1.9 aperture. The second is a 5MP depth sensor with f 2.0 which gives a nice depth feeling in photos and decent portrait shots. Videos can be shot at [email protected]/60 fps, [email protected] fps with gyro-EIS for video stabilization, [email protected], and [email protected] The Video output from the phone is good, the video is clear and with EIS the video is quite stable.
Pocophone F1 Key Specifications
- Display: 18-inch 1080 x 2246 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Chipset:Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- CPU:Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU:Adreno 630
- Memory:256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM (storage expandable up to 256GB via micro SD)
- OS:Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Primary Camera:12 MP, f/1.9, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF; 5 MP, f/2.0, 1.12µm, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera:20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm
- Battery:Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors:Fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity, compass
Pocophone F1 Price in Nepal (6GB/128GB): Rs. 29,999
With the specifications that the device provides, it is still one of the best phones for performance and battery life. In terms of memory management, processing power and battery life it definitely outranks many mid-range devices at this price point. The question that I would ask at this point is how well does it compare to the new Flagship Killer Redmi K20 Pro?
Pocophone does lack when compared to Redmi K20 Pro. The K20 Pro has newer specifications that somehow undermines the Pocophone. In terms of display, performance, charging speed and camera it is superior. But the expected price difference between them is also around NRs. 20k-25k. So, a question for you guys if you are a true Xiaomi Fan which would you prefer, the Pocophone or The K20 Pro?
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- Honda CB350 RS Launched in Nepal: Honda H’ness with Scrambler Twist!Honda CB350 RS is now finally available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company Pvt. Ltd., the…
- All-new Hyundai i20 Launched in Nepal: Variant, Price Details & MoreHyundai i20 has finally launched in Nepal. Laxmi Intercontinental Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of…
- Micromax IN 2b with Unisoc T610 and Dual Cameras to Launch Soon in NepalAfter its launch in India, Micromax IN 2b is also set to launch soon in…