Xiaomi is currently dominating the mid-range category. They have some of the best phones that you can buy at each price category. From flagship killer to best value mid-range phones, they have it all. And, Redmi Note 8 Pro is the latest addition to their ever thriving mid-rangers. But, we are here to talk about its popular predecessor; the Redmi Note 7 Pro.
On the occasion of Christmas and New Year, the 6GB/128GB variant of the Redmi Note 7 Pro is now available for Rs. 25,999. Previously, the phone was available for Rs. 28,999. Well, we’d still recommend you to go for the Redmi Note 8 Pro, but if you want the Redmi Note 7 Pro, you should not pass up on this deal.
Redmi Note 7 Pro Overview
The Redmi Note 7 Pro has a 6.3” IPS LCD display with 1080 x 2080 pixels. Not bad actually but I was expecting an AMOLED panel. The front and back both contain glass which has improved the overall look and feel of the device. But the wannabe glass finish in the back is a huge fingerprint magnet. The front has a dew-drop notch which doesn’t bother me that much but you disable it if you don’t like it.
The Snapdragon 675 is the best in the 600 series and performance-wise it is flawless. The RAM management on both the 4 and 6 Gb is kind of impressive. The performance and RAM management is properly backed by a huge 4000 mAh battery. Even as an intensive gamer, you should have no problem in terms of performance and battery.
Taking about the camera, the 48MP rear does capture some good photos with great dynamic range, proper color, and sharpness. The portrait mode through the 5MP depth sensor is a bit sloppy but still considerable. The night mode in this phone is one of the best in the mid-range category. It captures great detail, with decent contrast and sharpness.
The headphone jack is still present which is a great asset. The fingerprint sensor, as well as the face-unlock, are both admirable in terms of speed and accuracy. The phone does not have an IP certification but can withstand the monsoon season pretty well.
Redmi Note 7 Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.3 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Memory: 64GB/ 128GB internal storage, 4/6GB RAM (storage expandable using micro SD card up to 256 GB)
- Primary Camera: Dual: 48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF; 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 13 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Redmi Note 7 Pro Price in Nepal: Rs. 23,999 (4/64GB), 24,999 (6/64GB) Rs. 25,999 (6/128GB)
Redmi Note 7 Pro Impression
Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 7 Pro is a beast of a mid-ranger. It is covered in gorilla glass both at the front and the back. And Xiaomi had even uploaded a video showing them breaking walnuts with the phone. Now that’s interesting. The design is not too flashy but it does look good. Xiaomi has adopted the waterdrop notch for this phone.
The Snapdragon 675 has already proven itself as a capable mid-range processor. The games will run smoothly, although not in the highest graphics settings, and normal apps like Facebook and Instagram won’t give you much trouble. Also with 6GB RAM, multitasking won’t be a problem.
SEE ALSO: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in Nepal
Now, let’s move on to the highlight of this phone, the most marketable feature of this phone – the cameras. Any phone with a 48MP sensor is sure to boast about it. We don’t blame Xiaomi for it. And, the camera is good. It’s not exceptional but it’s decent.
So, what are your thought on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro? Are you interested in buying this device for given prices? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
- E-commerce Companies in Nepal Facing Delivery Challenges, Pledges to Serve Customers Amid LockdownA lot has happened since the first announcement of a weeklong lockdown. But People will…
- Relief Packages Introduced by the Government That We Techies Must Know!The two-week lockdown imposed by the government has caused a huge disruption in the day-to-day…
- It’s Official: OnePlus is All Set to Unveil its 2020 Flagships on April 14!The long wait for flagship killers is finally coming to an end. After pushing the…