Now that the pre-order season for the Note 9 is finally over, Samsung can shift some of its focus to its other smartphones. In July, Samsung released 3 Galaxy J series phones: Galaxy J4, Galaxy J6, and Galaxy J8, but it had been quieter for the better part of August focusing solely on the Note 9. Now, Samsung is back on track and we have got a secret info that it is going to launch some phones in the coming weeks. One of them is the Galaxy J2 Core.The Galaxy J2 Core is special because it is the first Android Go smartphone from Samsung. Android Go is a stripped down version of Google’s Android software made for low-powered devices. It takes significantly smaller space than normal Android OS on a smartphone. Also, the phone runs smoother due to some memory optimizations. In short, Android Go helps make the most of the limited storage, memory, and battery capacity in budget-oriented smartphones.
Inside, the J2 Core offers the most basic features you could hope from a smartphone in 2018. It has a quad-core Exynos processor paired with 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage. So, there won’t be a whole lot you can do on this phone besides calling and texting and scrolling through facebook occasionally. However, if you are in search of a smartphone to do just that, the J2 Core might be for you.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Core Key Specifications
- Display: 5.0 inches
- Resolution: 540 x 960 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~220 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 7570 Quad
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T720
- Memory: 8 GB, 1 GB RAM(expandable up to 256GB using microSD card)
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- Primary Camera: 8 MP, AF, f/2.2
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP, f/2.2
- Battery: Removable Li-ion 2600 mAh battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
Samsung Galaxy J2 Core Price in Nepal: TBD
The screen is a 5-inch not-yet-HD screen. If the panel is AMOLED then we won’t have much to complain about, but if it will be an LCD panel then an HD screen would have been better. The cameras are there to snap quick photos. They won’t wow you but they are serviceable. The battery on the phone, as it’s running low powered hardware and Android Go software, may last you a whole day. If you are searching for something basic, an Android Go Samsung phone is not a bad choice.
Pricing and availability of the J2 Core haven’t been finalized yet. It may launch this or next week. That’s all the information we have for now. If you are interested in this phone or any other tech-related news, keep checking TechLekh. We’ll keep you notified.
- Bluboo Smartphones Coming to Nepal; Bluboo S3 With 8500mAh Battery
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Exceeds Expectation in Nepal
- Colors Pride 5C with 18:9 Aspect Ratio and Android Go Launched in Nepal
- Xiaomi Mobiles Price in NepalReview of: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in NepalReviewed by: Nishan Rating:4On October 17, 2019Last modified:October 17,…
- Redmi Note 8 Pro: Keep Calm The Mid-range Beast is Coming in Nepal SoonXiaomi has been unstoppable with its Redmi series. Among, the standout Redmi phones, the Redmi…
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Camera Review: Good Set of Rear CamerasHuawei Y9 Prime 2019 is the latest mid-range phone Huawei has to offer. It comes…