People were bummed that Samsung didn’t release the Galaxy M30, the bigger brother of the Galaxy M20 and the Galaxy M10, in Nepal. However, Samsung more than made up for it by bringing in Samsung Galaxy A50. You can buy this phone in stores now for Rs. 33,490.
Samsung Galaxy A50 is the newest member of the fully redesigned Galaxy A series of smartphones this year. Galaxy A50 comes packing an FHD+ Super AMOLED display. Of course, Samsung being Samsung, the display will look gorgeous; thanks in part to the infinity-U design. This is the best display in this price range, no questions asked.
Inside, this phone will be powered by a 10nm Exynos 9610 chipset which performs slightly better than the Snapdragon 660. This means no problem with day to day tasks like calling, texting, navigating, etc. You’ll also be able to game on this phone a little.That processor is paired with a 4GB RAM. This means no problem with multitasking too. You have 64GB internal storage which is more than adequate for most people.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Specifications
- Display: 6.4 inches Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 9610 Octa (10nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM (storage expandable up to 512GB using microSD card)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Primary Camera: 25 MP, f/1.7, PDAF & 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide) & 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 25 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors: FaceID, Fingerprint (under-screen), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Samsung Galaxy A50 Price in Nepal: Rs. 33,490
At the back, you have a glass like finish that shimmers when you reflect light on it. It does look super-cool but is a fingerprint magnet. If you want to admire that shiny back, you’ll have to keep a microfiber cloth with you all the time. However, the shiny back is not the most exciting feature that you see at the back of this phone. This phone has triple rear cameras.
The triple camera setup combines a 25MP primary lens, an 8MP ultrawide lens, and a 5MP depth sensor. This looks like a powerful camera on paper but we will have to test it out ourselves to give our verdict. The second most exciting feature at the back of this phone is not what lies at the back of the phone but what is absent from it… There is no fingerprint sensor at the back of this phone? Where is it?
SEE ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
Yes, you guessed that correctly, it’s under the screen of the phone. Samsung Galaxy A50 comes with an under-display optical fingerprint sensor that is unheard of at this price range. This phone will also have 4000mAh battery and will support 15W charging speeds. You will surely get an all-day battery out of this phone.
Samsung Galaxy A50 supports Bluetooth 5.0. Do you know what’s even more unheard of at this price range? The IP68 water and dust resistance. This is the tipping point for me. Never have I ever seen an IP rating at a phone of this price range. Hell, phones like Nova 3 and OnePlus 6T skimp over IP rating to keep their costs down.
Overall, Samsung Galaxy A50 is a breathtaking smartphone for its asking price of Rs. 33,490. If you have a budget of Rs. 35K for a phone, buy the Samsung Galaxy A50 with your eyes closed.
Pocophone F1 vs Samsung Galaxy A50
If you are a gamer or a tech enthusiast, the Pocophone is the best phone for you under 35K. Features of Pocophone like the powerful Snapdragon 845, liquid cooling system, and dual speakers are not available in the Galaxy A50. But the Pocophone is missing things like the under display fingerprint sensor, the amazing AMOLED display, and the very important IP68 water and dust resistance. Also, I prefer OneUI over Xiaomi’s skin. The bottom line is: if you are a normal user who wants their phone to look good and perform good enough, the Galaxy A50 is a better overall phone.
I didn’t think it was possible, but we have found a phone that goes head to head with the Pocophone for the title of the best Smartphone under 35K.
- OnePlus 7 Pro Review: The Best Android Experience One Can Get!Review of: OnePlus 7 ReviewReviewed by: Anmol ShresthaRating:5On July 19, 2019Last modified:July 19, 2019Summary:So, if…
- New Zhiyun Crane 3 LAB Arrives in Nepal: 2019’s Best Gimbal?Zhiyun is a company known for making gimbals and stabilizers for cameras and smartphones. Zhiyun…
- Kia Niro EV Launched in Nepal for Rs. 66 Lakhs: A Practical Electric Small SUV?Review of: Kia Niro EVPrice:Rs. 66,00,000Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:3On July 18, 2019Last modified:July 18, 2019Summary:Likewise,…