The most awaited phone from Samsung in quite a while has been launched in Nepal. The page for Samsung Galaxy M10 went live yesterday in Daraz. Why so quietly Samsung? Do you not want people to buy your phone?
Samsung had to rethink its approach to its cheaper smartphones. You know why. Because their budget smartphones aren’t selling as well as they used to. Also, Xiaomi and Huawei make way attractive smartphones (in terms of design and specs) at similar prices.
The first smartphone series to be born out of Samsung’s pursuit to regain its dominance in those price segments is the M-series. Samsung Galaxy M10 is the cheapest phone in the series and it has been launched in Daraz for Rs. 13790.
Samsung Galaxy M10
The build quality of the Galaxy M10 is top notch for the price. The front of the phone is nearly edge-to-edge screen except for a small chin and a teardrop notch at the top. This phone has smaller bezels than the Galaxy A7! The back is made up of smooth high-quality plastic that is surprisingly resistant to scratches. I also like the feel of this material. It really makes the phone feel premium. All this is coming from my own experience of using the phone.
The screen on the M10 is 6.22 inches, 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~270 ppi density) IPS LCD display. This is on par with some of the other phones that lie in the same price range as this phone. Inside this phone lies 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage. The phone is powered by an Exynos 7870 processor, a midrange processor from Samsung that’s touted to be equal to the Snapdragon 625 in terms of performance. The 625 is the same processor used in the Mi A2 Lite.
Samsung Galaxy M10 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.22-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 7870 Octa (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T830 MP1
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo), Experience 9.5
- Memory: 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage(expandable up to 512GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: Dual 13 MP, f/1.9, 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, PDAF & 5 MP, f/2.2, 1/5″, 1.12µm, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy M10 Price in Nepal: Rs. 13790
The animations on this phone are a little slower. There is no lag or stutter anywhere but the animation itself is slower. I think Samsung can fix this with a software update. Playing games like subway surfer and Alto’s odyssey was smooth. I didn’t experience any hiccups during the gameplay. For an average user, this is a perfectly capable performer.
Also, the camera surprised us. We didn’t expect DSLR quality shots from a phone that costs Rs. 13790 and we aren’t getting one either. But the photos are not bad. These cameras produce detailed sharp pictures in good lighting conditions. Also, the secondary wide angle lens is amazing for times when you need a larger field of view. I like this camera for the price a lot. The front camera is average. It’s not bad, it’s nothing to write home about either. It is fine for occasional selfies.
READ ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
Another aspect where this phone excels is battery life. I mean, if you are someone who only calls using his phone, this phone will last you about 3 days. I am not joking. The battery life is that good. Samsung Phones are not known for their battery life but Samsung has done something magical with this phone.
Overall, I think Samsung has hit it out of the park with the M10 this new year. This phone has good looks, is built well, performs well enough, takes decent photos, and has spectacular battery life. If you are not a sucker for a fingerprint sensor, which is sadly missing from this phone, the Galaxy M10 is one of the best budget phones you can buy right now.
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- Honda CB350 RS Launched in Nepal: Honda H’ness with Scrambler Twist!Honda CB350 RS is now finally available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company Pvt. Ltd., the…
- All-new Hyundai i20 Launched in Nepal: Variant, Price Details & MoreHyundai i20 has finally launched in Nepal. Laxmi Intercontinental Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of…
- Micromax IN 2b with Unisoc T610 and Dual Cameras to Launch Soon in NepalAfter its launch in India, Micromax IN 2b is also set to launch soon in…