I think Samsung already proved that it was back in track at the budget market with the Galaxy M10. M10 was so good for its price of Rs. 13,790 that we ranked it number one in our best phones under 15K list. It had everything people wanted for its price. But now Samsung has launched its bigger brother – the Galaxy M20 – for the price of Rs. 18,490. Is it any good compared to the competition?
Design and Build Quality
Let me say right now that, on paper, the Samsung Galaxy M20 is near unparalleled at its price. For your 18K, you are getting a full HD+ LCD screen with a beautiful tear-drop notch design.
The build quality is solid and the design is equally appealing. I have used this device in person, although for a brief moment, and it really doesn’t feel like a phone that costs just 18K. It does feel a little heavy though. But you’ll find a reason for that a little later in this article.
But, in a nutshell, there are not many complaints that we can throw at Samsung with this device’s performance. Multitasking is smooth, navigating the UI is smooth. The weird slowness throughout the UI that I experienced with the M10 is nowhere to be seen here. This phone is snappy and will make you happy with its performance.
The 32GB storage is respectable but you may want to expand it with a micro SD card slot soon.
Samsung Galaxy M20 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 7904 Octa (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×1.8 GHz Cortex A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo), Experience 9.5
- Memory: 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal storage (expandable up to 512GB using micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: Dual 13 MP, f/1.9, 1/2.8″, 1.12μm, PDAF & 5 MP, f/2.2, 1/6″, 1.12μm, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy M20 Price in Nepal: Rs. 18,490 (3GB)
Another area where the Galaxy M20 performed exceptionally was in the camera department. I think Anmol does a great job in explaining M20’s camera chops. So I suggest you go check that video out. All I will say is that a proper dual camera system, with a normal and a wide angle lens, is unheard of in this price range.
The next best thing about the Galaxy M20 its battery. It has a massive 5000mAh battery which is the reason for its heaviness. But will you want a light phone that can’t last a single day of use or add some extra grams to get a phone that has the potential to give you two whole day of moderate usage? I would go for the latter.
Anyways, the Galaxy M20 has a battery life to beat. It is made sweeter by the fact that the phone supports 15W fast charging. So, it won’t take you a day when you charge this battery.
READ ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
Overall, the Galaxy M20 is an amazing value for money. It looks like Samsung has really thought long and hard while making this phone. They have got the design right, the performance right, the battery life right, the cameras right, and more importantly, the price right. I don’t know what more you could want.
M10 vs M20
If you are torn between the Galaxy M10 and the M20, I’d suggest you go with the Galaxy M20 because it has some significant improvements over the Galaxy M10 that more than justifies the 5K price difference. For example, the screen is higher res, the navigation in the UI is smoother, the charging port is USB C, RAM and storage is larger, and more importantly, the speaker is side-firing instead of back-firing. I would choose the M20 if I had the freedom with my budget but if you are locked in under the 15K price, the M10 is a great phone.
- Samsung Galaxy M31 Review: The Go-to Mid-range SmartphoneThe Good Impressive AMOLED display Good enough performance Huge battery Good cameras The Bad The…
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Receives “Rs. 25,600” Price Drop: Still Viable Option in 2020?Samsung Galaxy Note 9 was launched in August of 2018 in Nepal. At launch Galaxy…
- MacBook Pro 13″ (2019) Receives Price Cut in Nepal – Now Starts at Rs. 1.65 LakhsApple launched its new 13-inch MacBook Pro in May. The new MacBook Pro 2020 brings…