Realme 6i is third addition of the whole Realme 6 family. A couple of days ago, the Realme 6 and Realme 6 Pro went official. And after a 2-week interval, the third member i.e. Realme 6i has joined the bandwagon. Realme 6i is set to see the light of day in India pretty soon and hopefully, after that the phone will be made available in Nepal shortly as well.
No revelations on that yet but if I were to guess, I’d probably predict its launch to be sometime in April.
Realme 6i Overview: Welcome onboard the Helio G80!
You would think that since Realme 6i is a part of the Realme 6 family, a lot of the attributes maybe be similar to the Realme 6, am I right? Well, that’s not the scene here. In fact, Realme 6i is like a whole new device actually. Since it’s a budget device, the phone is constructed mostly out of polycarbonate; with a vertical camera layout and physical fingerprint sensor on the rear.
Up front, the Realme 6i fancies an HD+ screen spread over a 6.5” IPS LCD canvas. The phone arrives with a waterdrop notch, 20:9 aspect ratio and 89.8% screen-to-body ratio. Obviously high refresh rate cannot be expected from this budget device; which is fine nonetheless.
In the core, the phone brings forth a new gaming-centric Helio G80 chipset. It’s slightly improved than the Helio G70 processor on the Realme 5i and is more on par with the Snapdragon 665 chipset. Next up, the chipset is then paired with 3/4GB RAM and 64/128GB internal setup. The phone comes with its own Realme UI on top of Android 10 right out of the box.
Realme 6i Key Specifications
- Display: 6.5 inches, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, (~82.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: HD+ (720 x 1600) pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Internals: 64GB 3GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM
- Software: Android 10.0; Realme UI
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera;
- 48MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.25″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8MP, f/2.3, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 2MP, f/2.4, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.75µm
- 2MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery; Standard 18W charging
Realme 6i Price in Nepal: TBD
Talking about the cameras, the Realme 6i fancies a total of 5 cameras. Over to the rear, you get a quad camera setup centered around a 48MP shooter. An extra 8MP ultrawide gunner, 2MP depth and 2MP macro sensor are pretty great for support. Reverting to the front, you get the typical 16MP selfie module.
Something that’s totally amazing about this device, is the massive 5000mAh battery that powers the device. The huge battery comes in with a standard 18W charger; that is well just sad.
Realme 6i Pricing, Impressions
Up until now, the phone is just available officially in Myanmar. The devices were launched officially for KS. 249,900 (~NPR 21,000) for the 3/64GB variant and KS. 299,900 (~NPR 26,000) for the 4/128GB variant respectively.
Now, if the price were to remain constant when arriving in Nepal, I don’t think I’d hesitate in recommending this device at all. I am pretty much impressed with most of what the Realme 6i has to offer. The HD screen is uninviting for sure, but I guess I’d be able to overlook that when there are tons of other appealing attributes.
Well, that’s all on the initial impressions for now. There are a lot more attributes to test but I guess we’ll be leaving that for when the phone arrives in our hands. What are your initial thoughts on the device? Do let us know in the comments down below.
- Digital Payments in Nepal Soar As More People Stay Home on Virus FearsThe global COVID-19 pandemic has completely turned the tables on everything that was once considered…
- Foodmandu Fresh: A “Fresh” Transition to Deliver Essential Groceries in The Hour of NeedCOVID-19 has become a nightmare that’s gobbling up each and every fundamental aspect that our…
- E-commerce Companies in Nepal Facing Delivery Challenges, Pledges to Serve Customers Amid LockdownA lot has happened since the first announcement of a weeklong lockdown. But People will…