Realme is a sub-brand of Oppo. While Oppo is now busy creating cutting edge phones like the Reno, and the new under-display camera one, its sub-brand is trying to take lead in the market that used to be Oppo’s stronghold – the midrange. It’s previous phones – Realme 2 Pro, Realme C1 – have received plenty of critical acclaims.
Now, Realme is back with another phone called Realme 3.
At the front of Realme 3 is a large and colorful 6.22 inch IPS LCD HD+ display. This screen that covers about 81% of the front of the phone is interrupted slightly by a teardrop notch at the top and a small chin at the bottom.
Inside, it is powered by the Helio P60 processor from MediaTek. This is paired with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. This processor is supported by 3GB/4GB of RAM. These are solid mid-range specs, especially considering the fact that the 32GB variant comes under 20K price tag. Normal tasks like surfing the web will be buttery smooth on this phone. Gaming won’t be a problem either. You won’t get the highest frame rates in high settings, but your games will be playable.
Realme 3 runs on Android 9.0 Pie-based ColorOS 6 custom software. There are two variants of Realme 3 available in Nepal – 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB one. If you take a lot of pictures, I suggest you go with the 64GB version.
Realme 3 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.22 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P60
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, ColorOS 6.0
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB storage / 4GB RAM, 64GB storage (storage expandable up to 256 using a dedicated microSD card slot)
- Primary Camera: Dual: 13 MP, f/1.8, 1/3″, 1.12µm, PDAF; 2 MP, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 13 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4230 mAh battery
Realme 3 Price in Nepal: Rs. 19,690 (3GB), Rs. 23,290 (4GB)
Talking about photos, Realme 3 has a dual camera set up at the back. Your photos will be taken by the 13MP lens always, the 2MP lens is there to measure depth. At the front, there is a 13MP shooter for your selfies. We will have to test ourselves to tell you how these cameras fares in real life. But I’ve liked Oppo’s cameras in the past, so I guess these will have some good camera chops too.
There is a 4230mAh battery inside the Realme 2 Pro that will surely last you a full day of use and more. If you are a light user, you may be able to take this all the way to 2 full days of use.
SEE ALSO: Realme Mobiles Price in Nepal
Overall, Realme 3 is a good midrange phone (especially for the price). It is powerful and beautiful to look at. If you can get past Oppo’s skin on top of Android, this phone might appeal to you. But the competition is fierce. We have Xiaomi’s Redmi note 7 and Samsung’s Galaxy A30 operating in the same price category. These two are tough opponents to beat. Compare these phones yourself and choose which feels the best for you.
- Samsung Galaxy A70 Review: Samsung’s Best Premium Mid-range Device!Review of: Samsung Galaxy A70Price:Rs. 47,990Reviewed by: Anmol ShresthaRating:5On July 21, 2019Last modified:July 21, 2019Summary:On…
- OnePlus 7 Pro Review: The Best Android Experience One Can Get!Review of: OnePlus 7 ReviewReviewed by: Anmol ShresthaRating:5On July 19, 2019Last modified:July 19, 2019Summary:So, if…
- New Zhiyun Crane 3 LAB Arrives in Nepal: 2019’s Best Gimbal?Zhiyun is a company known for making gimbals and stabilizers for cameras and smartphones. Zhiyun…