Oppo has made a name for itself in the smartphone world as an innovative company. Oppo has been known to push boundaries when it comes to smartphone engineering. They were one of the first companies to bring the pop-up selfie cam mechanism to the market. They also tried a swiveling camera at some point.
But they outdid themselves with Oppo Reno. Oppo Reno is a phone that has a near edge to edge screen at the front except for a tiny chin at the bottom. Though, there are crazier phones out there – Asus Zenfone 6 – Oppo Reno’s design still feels futuristic. And this futuristic phone has now officially launched in Nepal and available for purchase from OPPO showrooms and physical stores. The OPPO Reno price in Nepal is set Rs. 89,990.
Inside, Oppo Reno features a Snapdragon 855 SoC. This chip is combined with 8GB RAM. It’s the most powerful Smartphone processor out there (in the android land). So gaming, multitiasking, or anything will fly on this phone. You won’t have to worry about the performance here.
You get 256GB of flash storage inside. This storage is more than enough even if you are a 4K video fanatic.
Oppo Reno Specifications
- Display: 6.6 inches AMOLED, 101.0 cm2 (~86.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~387 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 256 GB, 8 GB RAM (expandable using microSD card up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: Triple 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, Laser/PDAF, OIS // Periscope 13 MP, f/3.0, 130mm (telephoto) // 5x optical zoom, Laser/PDAF, OIS // 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide)
- Front Camera: Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
- Video (rear): [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, gyro-EIS; video rec. only with main camera
- Video (front): [email protected]
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4065 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 20W (VOOC flash Charge)
Oppo Reno Price in Nepal: Rs. 89,990
The triple rear camera setup consists of a 48MP lens, an 8MP wide-angle lens, and a 13MP zoom sensor. Though the specs themselves look enticing, the numbers are not the most exciting part of this camera setup.
The most exciting part or the ability of this camera is its ability to zoom 10X into a subject. The 13MP sensor features a periscope-like lens feature that lets you zoom this far. The only other phone where we have seen this feature is on Huawei P30 Pro. And in right lighting conditions, this level of zoom feels magical.
Like most smartphones that use the large 48MP sensor, Oppo Reno uses pixel binning technology to produce 12MP images. How do the cameras fare in real life? We can only say when we test the phone ourselves.
Oppo has tried many designs for the front camera in the past. This time, it has gone with a mechanism that looks like the hinged design of doors and windows. Does it have any benefit over the normal pop-up design? I don’t know. It looks cool. That’s the part of the fun.
What else is good about this phone? It’s got a 4065 mAh battery and it supports fast VOOC flash charging. So, you’ll get plenty of juice in a little charging time.
The price of Rs. 89,990 is similar to the base version of OnePlus 7 Pro. Is Reno better than the mighty flagship killer? We will only know when we get it in our hands. Until then, keep following TechLekh.
- Oppo Mobiles Price in Nepal: Specs, Features, Images!Oppo is one of the Chinese smartphone giants and it was the 5th largest smartphone…
- Redmi Note 9 Pro with Snapdragon 720G Launched in Nepal: A True Successor?After the recent launch of Xiaomi Mi 10 and Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite, Xiaomi…
- Samsung Announces ISOCELL GN1 50MP Sensor with Bigger PixelsSamsung has been offering its own high megapixels camera sensor in recent times. First, they…