It has been long since Oppo launched a true budget phone in Nepal. We checked and it was about 8 months ago. The last budget phone that Oppo launched was Oppo A3s. It was a good smartphone and we lauded it for its battery life. Now, Oppo has finally released the successor the Oppo A3s. It’s aptly named Oppo A5s. The OPPO A5s price in Nepal is set Rs. 18,990 for 2GB RAM variant and Rs. 19,990 for 3GB RAM variant.
The first thing we have to say is that the A5s definitely looks good for a phone under 20K. The 19:9 aspect ratio screen and the minimal bezels all make the phone look like it is more expensive than its price suggests. However, the screen isn’t FHD. Though HD+ screen is still good enough, Samsung Galaxy M20, one of the competitors of the A5s, has an FHD screen. You should keep this in mind while buying this phone.
Inside, the A3s is powered by the MediaTek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm). This chipset is slightly more powerful and power efficient than Snapdragon 625. So it might perform better than Xiaomi Mi A2 lite which comes around at a similar price. Apps like Facebook and YouTube will run smoothly but the multitasking experience may suffer from 2GB RAM.
So, I suggest you opt for the 3GB version. Shelling out 1K extra will save you from a lot of headache in the future. As for the internal storage, you are getting a 32GB storage out of which about 25GB will be available for your stuff.
Oppo A5s Key Specifications
- Display: 6.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 720×1520 pixels
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo); ColorOS 5.2
- Memory: 32GB internal storage, 2GB/3GB RAM (expandable storage via micro SD card)
- Primary Camera: 13 MP + 2MP
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4230 mAh battery
OPPO A5s Price in Nepal: Rs. 18,990 (2GB)/ Rs. 19,990 (3GB)
The A3s has a dual 13MP + 2MP primary camera setup. Looking at past cameras from Oppo, it will click decent photos in good lighting conditions. Oppo made its name by marketing itself as the phone for selfie fanatics and we hope to get a good shot out of the 8MP front camera of the A3s. For the price, you’ll probably be satisfied with these cameras. But be sure to check it out before you buy the phone.
SEE ALSO: OPPO Mobiles Price in Nepal
Oppo still doesn’t want to put a fingerprint sensor on its budget devices which is ridiculous. Some phones half its have one. But I guess, you can always use the pin or a face unlock.
OPPO A5s vs Competition
Oppo A5s is a good budget smartphone; 4230mAh battery and 6.2-inch screen are massive. This phone will be a great device for content consumption because of those two things. However, there are phones in the same price range that are a better value than the A5s.
One example would be the Galaxy M20. Then there is Samsung Galaxy A20. There are other phones from Huawei and Xiaomi too. Take a look at our list of smartphones and choose the phone that best suits your needs.
- New and Upcoming Cars in NepalReview of: Upcoming Cars in NepalReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On August 21, 2019Last modified:August 21, 2019Summary:So,…
- Hero Scooters Price in NepalReview of: Hero ScootersVersion:Latest & UpdatedPrice:Rs. 164000 to Rs. 206000Reviewed by: Abhishek GuptaRating:4On August 21,…
- Tata Harrier, Renamed as Tata H5! Launch Date Confirmed for NADA Auto Show 2019!Review of: 2019 Tata HarrierPrice:TBDReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:5On August 21, 2019Last modified:August 21, 2019Summary:Well, the…