Samsung is dumping smartphone after smartphone in the mid-range price category this year. The Galaxy A series has already seen phones from A10 all the way up to A90. Of course, not every one of those phones will be coming to Nepal. Samsung Galaxy A30, A50, Samsung Galaxy A10, and A20 are already available. Now, Samsung wants to add another phone to the list. Galaxy A70 has become available for preorder in Nepal. The Samsung Galaxy A70 price in Nepal is set Rs. 47,990.Samsung Galaxy A70 looks like an enlarged version of the Galaxy A50 on the outside. It has a 6.7-inch FHD+ SuperAMOLED display that is probably the best display in A70’s price range (Vivo V15 pro can compete for this crown though) AMOLED means vibrant punchy colors and deep blacks. Samsung is the best at making these screens. There is the same U shaped notch that we have seen in countless Samsung phones now.Inside, Samsung Galaxy A70 is powered by Snapdragon 675 processor. This is one of the new members of the Snapdragon 600 series. It is based on an 11nm architecture and has significant performance bump over the Snapdragon 660 processor. So normal tasks will fly on this phone. You won’t have any problems playing any games either. You won’t be able to do it in the highest graphics settings with highest frame rates, but gaming is possible and enjoyable with this processor.
This processor is aided by 6GB RAM. So, multitasking will be fine too. The internal storage is 128GB which is more than most people will ever need.
Samsung Galaxy A70 Specifications
- Display: 6.7 inches Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels (~393 ppi density)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- Memory: 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Primary Camera: 32 MP, f/1.7, PDAF & 8 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide) & 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Secondary Camera: 32 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Sensors: FaceID, Fingerprint (under-screen), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Samsung Galaxy A70 Price in Nepal: Rs. 47,990
At the back, Samsung Galaxy A70 has a triple camera setup. The primary camera is a 32MP f/1.7 sensor; there’s an 8MP ultrawide sensor and a 5MP depth sensor. The front camera is also a 32MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. We haven’t tested these cameras ourselves so we can’t say whether they are good or bad. But Samsung has been in this game for so long that I don’t expect them to blow it. The cameras on the A30 were good enough. So, I have high hopes for this.
SEE ALSO: Samsung mobiles price in Nepal
There’s no fingerprint scanner at the back because it is under the screen at the front. It is an optical scanner similar to the ones that we saw with the Galaxy A50.
Below the back panel lies a gigantic 4500mAh battery that should last you all day and more on a single charge. Samsung has really stepped up its battery game this year. Galaxy A70 supports 25W fast charging. So, you should get from 0 to 100% within 1 and a half hour at the max.
Overall, Samsung Galaxy A70 is a great mid-ranger. The price of the phone is reasonable; I guessed it would be around 45K before the phone was launched. But if I was a customer, I will think very hard over spending the extra money on the Galaxy A70 instead of Galaxy A50. Galaxy A70 is nearly the same phone except some obvious spec bumps. Check out this comparison to get a clearer picture of the differences between A70 and A50.
How to Preorder Galaxy A70?
To preorder Galaxy A70, go to this site. All the details that you’d need to preorder the phone is on this site. In short, you’ll have to visit the nearest Samsung store, fill up a form, and pay Rs. 2000.
- Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched: A Perfect Hatchback?If you’ve ever been shopping for a new hatchback, you might notice there’s something similar.…
- Here’s How You can Prebook the New Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+Samsung release two major flagships in a year; S series and then the Note series.…
- New and Upcoming Cars in NepalReview of: Upcoming Cars in NepalReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On August 21, 2019Last modified:August 21, 2019Summary:So,…