The long wait for flagship killers is finally coming to an end. After pushing the deadlines further and further, OnePlus has finally launched the notorious OnePlus 8 series! The on-going pandemic did manage to push the launch date three times, but against all odds, the flagship killers were set free on the market just yesterday.
The leaks and rumors in the past couple of weeks have been enticing. And I’m quite happy to say that the rumors are true to the bone. The infamous duo — OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro were disclosed at an online event and are confirmed to go on sale from 29th April in North America.
Details on the launch and whereabouts of the device will be following in the upcoming days. For now, let’s look at the prime attributes of the OnePlus 8.
OnePlus 8 Overview: Too Good to Be True!
The OnePlus 8 fancies a refreshed look this time around; which I prefer a lot over the previous design. The subtle central vertical camera layout on the rear is minimalistic and appealing. The hole-punch display upfront is a little unsatisfactory; I preferred the pop-up bezel-less setup.
Talking about displays, the OnePlus 8 features a Fluid AMOLED 90Hz display setup scattered over a 6.55” canvas. The new panel supports 1080 x 2400 (FHD+) resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, up to 1100 nits of peak brightness, and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
One Plus is quite dedicated to its “Fast and Smooth” user experience. So, staying true to this motto, OnePlus 8 will be housing in the Snapdragon 865 chipset. Furthermore, this chipset is said to have been paired with a faster LPDDR5 8/12GB RAM setup. Moreover, there a huge 128/256GB internal embedded inside. And of course, there’s UFS 3.0 in there as well. Oh, and let’s not forget the Oxygen OS there too.
OnePlus 8 Specifications
- Display: 6.55 inches Fluid AMOLED with 90Hz Refresh Rate (~88.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Internals: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.0
- Rear Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS,
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3″, 1.0µm
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, Auto HDR, gyro-EIS
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4300 mAh battery, Fast charging 30W, 50% in 22 min
OnePlus has always been a little behind when it comes to the cameras. But hopefully, that won’t be the case this time around. The OnePlus 8 is set to arrive with a triple camera setup with a 48MP primary sensor at the center of attention. And 16MP ultrawide and 2MP macro sensor is a pretty decent setup for the base variant.
To top it all off, the OnePlus 8 has a decent 4300mAh capacitor that comes in with a 30W fast charging. Besides that, there’s an under-display fingerprint sensor and bottom faced dual firing speakers.
One Plus 8 Price, Availability
As of now, the OnePlus 8 is in preparation for arriving in North America only. However, there are talks of the device arriving in India soon. Once it arrives in India, we can expect its arrival in Nepal as well. We’ll keep you posted on the matter as soon as further information arrives.
Other than the launch date, there is something that we can get close to. That would have to be the pricing of the device. The OnePlus 8 has been priced for $699 for the base variant which corresponds to nearly NPR 81,000 for the base variant (8/128GB). The max variant (12/256GB) on the other hand is priced slightly higher at $799; which corresponds to nearly NPR 92,000.
Considering previous patterns the prices may differ by a large amount when the phone officially lands in Nepal. So, if you’re planning to get your hands to the device, make sure to have a little extra stored in your pockets.
That’s all I have to say about OnePlus 8. How do you like the device? Share your thoughts with us in the comments down below.
- TVS Scooter Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsTVS Scooter is one of the popular scooter brands in Nepal. The scooter ranges from…
- KTM Duke 200 BS6 Pre-Booking Opens in Nepal: What’s New in BS6 Version?KTM Bikes with BS6 compliant engines are coming to Nepal! After months of anticipation, KTM…
- Entry Level Realme C11 with Helio G35 to Launch Soon in NepalRealme recently launched phones like Realme 6 and Realme 6i. And now they are going…