When it comes to tablet devices, we mostly think about the iPad. There aren’t many Android tablets that can really compete with the iPad. However, iPads are not as cheap as we’d like it to be. And, this is where the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite comes in.
It’s an entry-level device that’s worth taking a look at. And we will see it soon enough in Nepal. Samsung is going to launch the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite in Nepal in a matter of weeks’ time.
So what does this Android tablet offer us? Let’s have a look.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Specifications
- Body: 244.5 x 154.3 x 7 mm, 467 g, Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 10.4 inches TFT capacitive, 1200 x 2000 pixels, 5:3 ratio, 224 ppi
- Chipset: Exynos 9611 (10nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM
- OS: Android 10, One UI 2.0
- Rear Camera: 8 MP, (wide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- Video: [email protected]
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Video: [email protected]
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 7040 mAh battery, Fast charging 15W
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Accelerometer, proximity, gyro, 3.5mm Headphone jack
- Colors: Ocean Blue, Space Black, Red
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Price in Nepal: ~ Rs. 55,000 (4/128GB) (Expected)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Overview
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite has an all-metal back with a smooth finish. The frame is made from aluminum and from the front it looks like a usual tablet. The bezels are not too thin but it looks good overall.
It supports a stylus as well and comes in the box unlike iPad, you won’t need to shell extra cash for the stylus.
The Tab S6 Lite has gone for a 10.4 inch TFT LCD display. We’d normally expect Samsung to ship AMOLED display on its products but this one does not. So, colors won’t be as popping but the 1200×2000 panel should deliver adequate sharpness.
Well, it will come in handy during times like these when online classes are the norm. Big screen with good bezels and also it has good audio with dual speakers. So, it would supplement well for people with online classes or online works.
This is where Samsung has cut corners. It comes with Exynos 9611 which is to be fair a decent mid-range chipset. It can run multiple apps and games should run fine as well. But it won’t compete with the 7th Gen Apple iPad which is priced similarly.
But it does provide more storage than the iPad’s base variant which is a measly 32GB. Along with a 64GB/128GB storage option, it comes with 4GB RAM on both of the variants. I would have preferred a 6GB RAM option as well.
The S Pen isn’t like the one we see on Samsung’s Note lineup. It doesn’t have a built-in battery nor Bluetooth. It is always on and brings up the familiar menu with options to create a note, take a screenshot and write on it, access to the PENUP app, and more.
It has a single 8MP camera on the rear that can take 1080p videos and a 5MP camera on the front with 1080p video recording capability.
Well, you won’t be doing photography with your S6 Lite but it will be fine for video calling and social media usage.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite has a 7040 mAh battery along with 15W fast charging.
The battery should ensure almost 2 days of usage. But it will take some time to juice it up with the 15W charging.
Moving on it runs on the same One UI 2 that we see on Samsung’s smartphone. And, it also has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Price in Nepal and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is available in the international market for 350$ for the 64GB variant. So, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite price in Nepal could be around 48-50k.
There’s still no news if we will see both 64GB variant and 128GB variant but I think we might see the 128GB variant only which could cost around 55k.
|Model Name||Expected Price in Nepal||Availability in Nepal|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (4/128GB)||~ Rs. 55000||Before the end of July|
The Tab S6 Lite looks like a good choice if you want an Android tablet. But, Apple’s tablet is faster, has a better display and it’s sure to get continued updates.
So what do you think about the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite? Would you take it over Apple iPad? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
More on Gadgets:
- Samsung A01 with Snapdragon 439 & 3000 mAh Battery Launched in Nepal
- Vivo V19 with 32MP Dual Front Camera Launching in Nepal on 1st Week of July
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 with MediaTek Helio G85 Launched in Nepal
- Samsung A21s with Exynos 850 and HD+ Screen Launched in NepalSamsung has been launching plenty of smartphones recently. And, now it has launched Samsung A21s…
- Apple MacBook Air 2020 Available for Pre-Order in Nepal – Price Starts at Rs. 1.59 LakhsApple launched its new MacBook Air in March. The new MacBook Air 2020 brings upgraded…
- Oppo to Launch a New Mid-range Smartphone in Nepal, the OPPO A52Recently OPPO teased the launch of OPPO A31 in Nepal. Now, the company is preparing…