Honor 8A is a phone that was long rumored to launch in Nepal. We wrote stories about this phone 3 months ago. Some said that it would launch with Honor 10 Lite in Nepal but that turned out to be just a rumor. But Honor 8A is finally here and we have a proper budget contender from Huawei for 2019. It will retail for Rs. 15,790 for the 2GB/32GB variant.
Honor 8A or Honor Play 8A is the successor to the Honor 7A that was launched this past January in Nepal. When Honor 7A was brought into Nepal, Honor 8A was first launched in the international market in January. A lot has changed on the outside of the Honor 8A compared to the 7A. We are going to look at some of those changes here. The most conspicuous change compared to the 7A is the design of the Honor 8A. It now has a glass sandwich design instead of the metal construction of the honor 7A. This makes the phone look more modern but feel more fragile. There is a change at the front too. There was no notch in 7A, but the 8A now ships with a dewdrop notch.
Talking about the screen, the phone comes with a 6.09-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1560 pixels at a pixel density of 283 pixels per inch (ppi) and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. Inside, Honor 8A is powered by a MediaTek Helio P35 processor. This processor performs slightly better than Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625 which is the processor used in phones like Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. So, you know, calling, texting, chrome, Insta won’t be much of a problem but gaming might be. But if you are into gaming, you probably won’t buy this phone anyway.
Getting this processor at this price, at 15K, is unprecedented. But the processor is aided by 2GB RAM. And that’s not enough for smooth multitasking experience. Juggling between two apps won’t be a problem but more than that would be a burden to the phone. The internal storage is 32GB. If you don’t take too many photos, you will be good with the 32GB version too.
Honor 8A Key Specifications
- Display: 6.01 IPS LCD 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~283 ppi density)
- SoC: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 32/64 GB, 3 GB RAM (storage expandable up to 512 GB using micro SD card)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); EMUI 9
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, f/1.8, PDAF
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3020 mAh battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
Honor 8A Price in Nepal: Rs. 15,790
What’s weird is that Honor has decided to go with a single 13 MP, f/1.8, PDAF rear camera in this phone. They used a dual camera setup in the Honor 7A. But the second camera in that phone was mostly a gimmick anyway so you are not missing much here. At the front, there is an 8MP f/2.0 sensor for your selfies. We will have to test how this camera fares in real life in our own hands to give our verdict.
What’s even weirder is that Honor has removed the fingerprint sensor here that was present in the Honor 7A. I don’t know how or why that makes sense.
The power to power all these components comes from a 3020mAh battery. While this battery is not large by today’s standards, Honor’s battery management techniques will enable this phone to easily last throughout the day.
SEE ALSO: Honor Smartphones Price in Nepal
Overall, this is a good phone for the budget category. But there’s nothing too special to talk about here. If you want a phone that covers the bases of being a phone well, go buy Honor 8A. At least, it will be different from all the Xiaomi and Huawei phones that everyone rocks nowadays. But if you want the best of the best, you’d have to look at phones like Samsung Galaxy M10, M20, and A20 as they are the true contender for the budget category.
- Daraz Mobile Week – Get Literally up to 25% Discount using Card Payment!Daraz is bringing us another week of amazing offers on electronic products in four days.…
- Xiaomi Mi Band 4 Available on Daraz at Rs. 5800 – Why is it Priced So High? Find out!Review of: Xiaomi Mi Band 4Price:Rs. 5800Reviewed by: Nishan Rating:5On June 20, 2019Last modified:June 20,…
- TATA Altroz Expected to Launch in Nepal at NADA Auto Show 2019Review of: TATA AltrozReviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:5On June 20, 2019Last modified:June 20, 2019Summary:I want to…