“Rs. 24.99 Lakhs”
It seems as if it’s the go-to price for any car brand looking to introduce a “budget-friendly” car. Besides Datsun Go, Hyundai Santro, and Ford Figo, its Maruti Suzuki’s turn to introduce a brand new 2019 Wagon R. And it is priced like the competition to make things even more interesting.
CG MotoCorp, the authorized distributors of Maruti Suzuki cars, has announced the launch of the all-new 2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R in Nepal. The overall design is quite different than the standard hatchback. The overall “tall-boy” design is quirky and original, something which the competition fails to accomplish. As for the pricing, Maruti Suzuki Wagon R price in Nepal starts at Rs. 24,99,000. Moreover, it is available in three different variants: Wagon R VXi, Wagon R VXi (O), and Wagon ZXi.
2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R: Overview
The all-new Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is powered by the new 1.2L K-Series engine. Talking about the performance number, it can generate a max power of 61kW at 6000rpm and max torque of 113Nm at 4200rpm. Although, please keep in mind that the performance number will differ across the variants. Likewise, it gets a 32-liter fuel tank with an expected mileage of 20+kmpl.
Based on the engine, you can choose from the 1.2L-engine, 1.0L-engine, Auto Gear Shift (AGS). Additionally, AGS is the fancy wording for the automatic transmission. Talking about the styling, the Wagon R removes most of the edges for curves, unlike its predecessor. It improves on its style all the while boasting huge practicality.
Wagon R is available across six different color variants: Silky Silver, Superior White, Pearl Autumn Orange, Pearl Poolside Blue, Pearl Nutmeg Brown, and Magma Grey.
2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R: Features
As far as features go, you will get plenty. You get keyless entry, front and rear power windows, day/night rear-view mirror, audio system with Bluetooth and USB connectivity, steering-mounted controls, SmartPlay Studio, AC, among others. Moreover, you will get the new dynamically crafted instrument panel.
Similarly, the real-world features come as standard. You will get a rear 60:40 split seat complimented by the segment-first huge boot space. This brings the 341-liter boot space to max of 720-liters. Moreover, you don’t have to compromise in terms of safety. You will get Dual airbags, ABS with EBD, Rear Parking Sensors, Central Locking, Child Proof Rear Door Lock, Speed Sensitive Auto Door Lock, and a Security Alarm.
2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R VXi Key Specifications
- Engine: 2k series motor, 1.3 multi-jet diesel, in-line 4-cylinder DOHC
- Displacement: 1197cc
- Mileage: 22 kmpl
- Transmission: 5-speed manual/AMT
- Max Power: 82 BHP at 6000 RPM
- Max Torque: 113 NM at 4200 RPM
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 32L
- Ground Clearance: 170mm
- Seating Capacity: 5
- Tires: 165/70 R14 (ABS)
- Kerb Weight: 825 kg
2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Price in Nepal (VXi): Rs. 24,99,000
- 2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R VXi (O) Price in Nepal: Rs. 26,99,000
- 2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R ZXi (O) Price in Nepal: Rs. 27,99,000
Should You Buy the 2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R?
Maruti Suzuki Wagon R can be considered among the top-selling Hatchbacks from the company. It brings forth some new and interesting changes. Like its predecessor, it is more practical than before! Things like spacious interiors, body-colored bumpers, floating roof with the new headlamps make it even more attractive than previously.
I have nothing but compliments for the new Wagon R.
Since it is a practical hatchback, I can’t simply say if you should buy it or not without testing it. I mean, let’s be practical. The answer to the question if you should buy it or not can only be answered when we review this car.
So, that’s why the TechLekh Team is going to review the 2019 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R. And we promise to test this to its limit for its practicality and durability. Until then, stay tuned for more!
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- Honda CB350 RS Launched in Nepal: Honda H’ness with Scrambler Twist!Honda CB350 RS is now finally available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company Pvt. Ltd., the…
- All-new Hyundai i20 Launched in Nepal: Variant, Price Details & MoreHyundai i20 has finally launched in Nepal. Laxmi Intercontinental Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of…
- Micromax IN 2b with Unisoc T610 and Dual Cameras to Launch Soon in NepalAfter its launch in India, Micromax IN 2b is also set to launch soon in…