Laxmi Intercontinental, the authorized distributors of Hyundai Motors in Nepal, has launched the all-new Hyundai Santro. Hyundai has introduced the new Santro, built on a new platform that comes with a new design and styling.
It was launched in India back in October, but it has finally made its way into Nepal. As for the pricing, the base variant for Hyundai Santro in Nepal starts at Rs. 24,96,000.
Santro is a family-focused hatchback, available in four trims (variants); Magna, Magna AT, Sportz, and Asta. As for the color variations, it comes in six different colors: Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Star Dust, Imperial Beige, Marina Blue, and Fiery Red. Furthermore, Hyundai claims the Santro comes equipped with some best-in-class segment features, and better safety features compared to its predecessor.
Hyundai Santro Engine
The all-new Hyundai Santro is powered by a 1.1-liter, 4-cylinder petrol engine mated to 5-speed manual transmission. But in the case of the Automatic variant, customers will get a smart auto AMT gearbox option. In both the case, the engine will pump out 69BHP of peak power and 99Nm of peak torque.
Hyundai Santro Styling
Santro is a family car designed for the entire family, so you will get a modern design and a confident stance. On the exterior, you’ll get a dynamic Z-shaped character line, swept-back headlamps, stylish front fog lamps, cascade design chrome front grille, R1 Steel Wheel with Cover, Power Windows, Micro Antenna, and so much more.
Moving onto the interior, the styling trend continues. You’ll get a unique elephant inspired center fascia that generously extends the interior space, making it more spacious than its predecessor. So much so that it measures in at 3610 mm in length, 1645 mm in width and 1560 mm in height. While the grey and beige interior come standard across all variants, the Asta model will get an all-black interior along with color-matched interior trim along with green seatbelts.
Hyundai Santro Features
Like we’ve said before, the all-new Hyundai Santro boasts of a great range of offerings! So, where do we even start?
You’ll get a 7-inch touchscreen Infotainment System that supports the latest the technology has to offer. Finally, the rear passengers don’t need to feel neglected, thanks to the segment-first rear AC vents. Another interesting feature will include more practical storage space. Furthermore, the new Hyundai Santro will also offer a single driver side airbag as standard on all models. Although, it offers a secondary passenger side airbag only on the Asta model.
Moreover, talking about the safety features, you’ll get dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensor, rear parking camera, rear defogger, auto door lock/unlock, and front seatbelt pre-tensioners.
Hyundai Santro Key Specs
- Displacement: 1086cc (Petrol)
- Vehicle Type: Hatchback
- Max Power: 69ps @ 5500rpm
- Max Torque: [email protected] 4500rpm
- Seat Capacity: 5
- Gearbox: 5-Speed Manual / Smart Auto AMT
- Ground Clearance: 165 mm
- Fuel Capacity: 35L
- Mileage: 20.3kmpl
Hyundai Santro Price in Nepal (Magna): Rs 24,96,000
- Hyundai Santro Price in Nepal (Sportz): Rs 26,96,000
- Hyundai Santro Price in Nepal (Magna AT): Rs 28,96,000
- Hyundai Santro Price in Nepal (Asta): Rs 29,96,000
Hyundai Santro shares a lot of its similarities with other Hyundai cars. The design resembles the likeness of Eon and Grand i10, which are the best-selling Hyundai cars in Nepal. Slotted between the Hyundai Eon and the Hyundai Grand i10, this will also be a city-oriented vehicle. Additionally, Santro comes with a refined engine with good low-end and mid-end performance. Despite hosting a good performance number, the top-end isn’t up to the mark.
At first glance, you’ll notice a lot of cost cuttings. For example, the Santro misses out on LED daytime running lights or projector headlamps. Similarly, the tail lamps are too conventional and not LED versions. But it doesn’t go as far as to make the car unpractical. It will do a great job in the real world scenarios as its predecessor.
- Programiz: An e-Learning Platform from Nepal has now Reached 15 Million pageviews/month in the Global MarketOnly a handful Nepali digital platforms have reached the global audience. One of them is…
- SiTech Dev1 – First SiTech Electric SUV to Arrive in Nepal SoonSiTech Dev1 is coming soon in Nepal. EV Nepal Motors, the authorized distributor of SiTech…
- News Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Launched with More FeaturesYamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid has been launched in India. Yamaha Motors India has revealed the…
- Honda Grazia 125 BS6 Launched in Nepal: New Changes, New Price!Honda Grazia BS6 is now available in Nepal. Syakar Trading Company, the authorized distributor of…