Samsung launched the Galaxy Note 20 series during it’s Unpacked event last week. And, Samsung Nepal has already started the pre-order of Samsung Galaxy Note 20 in Nepal.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 price in Nepal is Rs. 1,09,999 (8/256GB) and the pre-booking is open from 12th August to 28th August 2020.
There are some attractive offers with pre-booking such as Galaxy Buds+ for free or Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm) at NPR. 31,999 (discounted price), Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm) at NPR. 29,999 (discounted price) or Samsung LED TV (32-inch) at NPR. 9,999. You can choose any one of them.
The Samsung Note 20 Ultra is the most premium device yet from Samsung but Note 20 seems to be a bit confusing. It is much more affordable than the Note 20 Ultra but there are lots of sacrifices that have been made to achieve that.
So, let’s take a look at the Samsung Galaxy Note 20!
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Specifications
- Body: 161.6 x 75.2 x 8.3 mm, 192 g, Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), Stylus, 26ms latency
- Display: 6.7-inches Super AMOLED Plus, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~393 ppi density), Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10+
- Chipset: Exynos 990 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.9 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11
- Memory: 256GB 8GB RAM, UFS 3.1, No MicroSD
- OS: Android 10, One UI 2.1
- Rear Camera: 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.76″, 1.8µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- Front Camera: 10 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/3.2″, 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4300 mAh battery, Fast Charging 25W, USB Power Delivery 3.0, Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W, Reverse wireless charging 9W
- USB: 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer
- Colors: Mystic Green, Mystic Bronze, Mystic Gray
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Price in Nepal: Rs. 1,09,999 (8/256GB)
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Overview
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series looks astonishing with the new aesthetics. Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra has a glass back with a satin finish but Note 20 has a polycarbonate back. So, it’s a surprise that a phone that costs Rs. 1,09,999 doesn’t come with a glass back.
But, Samsung claims that they have applied special coating on top of reinforced polycarbonate to make it look and feel as same as the Note 20 Ultra. However, the frame is still aluminum.
It is available in three colors: Mystic Gray, Mystic Green, and Mystic Bronze. The new color schemes definitely feel refreshing. Then, the rear camera module is now more pronounced. It looks big, and the camera sensors look more like iPhone 11’s.
Either way, this design looks more bold, sleek, and elegant at the same time than the S20 Ultra.
Well, now you’re getting a taller 6.7 inch Super AMOLED panel compared to a 6.3-inch panel of the Note 10. It’s an FHD panel with a punch-hole in the middle. The cutout for the camera is slightly bigger compared to the one of the Note 20 Ultra.
The next change comes in terms of the curved display. Samsung is the pioneer of curved display on phones, but they are now parting ways with it. The new Note 20 now has a flat-screen rather than a curved screen which is good, to be honest. But what’s not good is it’s a regular 60Hz screen. Only the Note 20 Ultra has a 120Hz refresh rate screen.
Then, it gets worse. Samsung Galaxy Note 20 doesn’t get the new Gorilla Glass Victus either. It is still using the Gorilla Glass 5. Yep! lots of corners cut with the Note 20.
There were rumors that Samsung might ditch the Snapdragon processors completely on the Note 20 series. But, thankfully that was just a rumor as the Note 20 comes with Snapdragon 865+. However, it is limited to the US, Korea, and, China. The rest of the world is getting the same Exynos 990 chipset used on the S20 series.
Exynos chipsets have been consistently proven to be behind its counterpart Snapdragon processors. And, there were talks that Samsung would tweak the SoC to improve its performance. But, Samsung didn’t mention a single thing about it during the Unpacked Event. So, I guess we have to wait and see till we get our hands on the device.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 comes with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage and 8GB LPDDR5 RAM. This is the only available variant of the Note but that’s not the only problem. Now you cannot expand its storage with microSD cards.
Where we see the most improvement is the S-Pen. The most important improvement is the latency as it’s been reduced from 42ms to 26ms. So, this will probably make the S-Pen feel smoother. However, the S-Pen on the Note 20 Ultra has a latency of 9ms.
Some of the other new features are the new gestures. Samsung has brought 5 new gestures along with the one where you can scribble on the air to navigate the phone.
Samsung has partnered with Microsoft to bring Microsoft’s xCloud game streaming service. It will be free for 3 months to Note 20 users. This will enable Note 20 owners to enjoy Xbox One and Xbox Series X games on their device.
Samsung Note 20 will be available with a specific Xbox Game Pass offering, with an Ultimate-tier subscription included with device pre-orders. The Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Bundle includes the device alongside a three-month subscription and a Note20-compatible MOGA XP5-X Bluetooth gaming controller.
Along with this, Samsung Dex is now fully wireless and you can use it with anything that supports screen mirroring.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 has a triple camera setup on the rear with a 12MP f/1.8 primary sensor with Dual Pixel PDAF & OIS. Then there’s a 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle lens and a 64MP f/2.0 telephoto lens. The telephoto lens provides a 3x optical zoom and up to 30X digital zoom.
Upfront, it has a 10MP sensor for selfies.
You can record videos up to 8k 24fps from the rear camera. Whereas the front camera can record up to 4k 60 fps videos.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 has a 4300 mAh battery compared to 3500 mAh on the Note 10. But, it still has 25W fast charging with USB-PD 3.
While other manufacturers like Oppo provide up to 65W fast charging on their flagships Samsung is still stuck with 25W fast charging. This is quite disappointing.
Furthermore, it has One UI 2.1 on top of Android 10.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Pre-booking Offer
With pre-booking of Note 20 Ultra you can get to choose between following offers:
- Galaxy Buds+, or
- Galaxy Watch 3 (45mm) at NPR. 31,999 and Galaxy Watch3 (41mm) at NPR. 29,999, or
- Samsung LED TV (32″) at NPR. 9,999
There are additional benefits as well:
- One time breakage insurance for 12 months from NLG Insurance
- Up to 7% discount on Business Class and up to 5% discount on Economy Class on Turkish Airlines
- Up to 20% Discount on Let Me In-services
- Rooms at NPR. 3,000 in Waterfront Resort
- Loyalty points to CellPay registered customers
- Eligible for lucky draw where you get a chance to win one business class round trip ticket by Turkish Airlines to European Union, Galaxy Buds+, Two nights stay at Himalayan Front Hotel or Waterfront Resort, and coupon worth NPR. 10,000 from Let Me In.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Price in Nepal and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 price in Nepal is Rs. 1,09,999. It is available for preorder from 12th August to 28th August along with exciting pre-booking offers.
|Model Name||Pre-booking Price in Nepal||Availability in Nepal|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (8/256GB)||Rs. 109999||12 Aug 2020 onwards.|
To be fair, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 doesn’t look as impressive as the Note 20 Ultra. There are lots of interesting things that don’t make it to Note 20. There’s a much bigger difference to the regular Note 20 and the Ultra version this year.
What do you think of the new Galaxy Note 20? Lets us know in the comments down below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Samsung Galaxy Note 20 available in Nepal?
Yes, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 is currently available in Nepal.
What is the price of Samsung Galaxy Note 20 in Nepal?
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 price in Nepal is Rs. 1,09,999.
Where can I buy Samsung Galaxy Note 20 in Nepal?
You can pre-book Samsung Galaxy Note 20 from Samsung stores and retail stores all over the country.
What are the color options available on Samsung Galaxy Note 20?
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 is available in Mystic Bronze, Mystic Green, and Mystic Grey color.
More on Gadgets:
- OnePlus Nord Available for Pre-Order in Nepal via Oliz Store
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ is Better than Ever With this Massive Discount of Rs. 22,000
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite with S Pen Integration Launched in Nepal
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Review: The Best Affordable Flip PhonePros IPX8 Water Resistance Improved Displays Durable Build Flawless Performance Top-Notch Selfies Compactness Cons Battery…
- NTA Studying the Possibility of Refurbishing and Assembling Phone Sets in NepalNepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) is studying the possiblity to assemble and refurbish mobile phone sets.…
- Coolpad Cool 12A Review: An Stylish Entry-Level OptionPros Great design Good display Great Battery Life Decent performance Cons Below Average Camera Bugs…
- Analogue Inc. Becomes Official Huawei Cloud Consulting & Reselling Partner in NepalAnalogue Inc. has become an official consulting and reselling partner of Huawei Cloud service in…
- ISPs to Hike Internet Price by up to Rs. 300 in Nepal Reasoning Increase in Pole RentInternet Service Providers are planning to increase the price of the internet due to the…
- WiSTEAM Steps to Sixth Year, Aims to Educate 2000 Girls about STEM Activities by Next YearWomen In STEAM (WiSTEAM), a social enterprise supporting girls and women education in the Science,…