The arrival of the S20 series ushered in a whole new hype for smartphones. We received the S20 and S20+ in February but the S20 Ultra didn’t make it to Nepal. However, Samsung has just launched the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra in Nepal.
Samsung S20 Ultra price in Nepal is Rs. 1,59,999. It’s available in a single configuration: 12GB RAM + 128GB ROM and it will be available from June 23.
Now that Samsung’s ultimate flagship offering is finally here in Nepal. Let’s see what the S20 Ultra offers!
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Specifications
- Body: 166.9 x 76 x 8.8 mm, 222 g, Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.9-inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 1440 x 3200 Resolution, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, 511 ppi, Gorilla Glass 6 Protection, HDR10+, [email protected]
- Chipset: Exynos 990 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2×2.50 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11, Adreno 650
- Memory: 128GB 12GB RAM, UFS 3, MicroSD up to 1TB
- OS: Android 10, OneUI 2.0
- Rear Camera: 108 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (Wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 48 MP, f/3.5, 103mm (Periscope Telephoto), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS, 4x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (Ultrawide), 1.4µm, Super Steady video
- 0.3 MP, TOF 3D, f/1.0 (Depth)
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, [email protected], HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS & OIS
- Front Camera: 40 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 0.7µm, PDAF
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery, Fast charging 45W, Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W, Reverse wireless charging 9W
- USB: 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer
- Colors: Cosmic Black, Cosmic Grey
Samsung S20 Ultra Price in Nepal: Rs. 1,59,999
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Overview
Samsung S20 series have similar design language and we don’t’ get much extra with the S20 Ultra either. It’s a thick chunky smartphone with a huge punch-hole display and a huge rectangular camera module on the back. Well, it surely is premium and fancy but its design is not exactly exciting.
Except for the camera module, the S20+ and S20 Ultra share a similar design. But, S20 Ultra is heavier at 222g compared to S20+ 186g.
Also, it’s larger than the S20+ as well. It’s a very big phone.
All of the Samsung S20 series phones come with QHD 120Hz and 240 sampling rate AMOLED displays. The only thing that is different is the size. And, S20 Ultra has the biggest display among them all with a massive 6.9 inches AMOLED panel. It’s almost the size of a tab.
With its 120Hz and 240 sampling rate, Samsung’s S20 Ultra display is no doubt beautiful and one of the best displays in the market. But, I hate that they capped the 120Hz goodness to 1080p.
If I pay upwards of $1,000 on a smartphone, I would want to use that 120Hz refresh rate at max resolution possible.
Under the hood, S0 Ultra is one of the fastest phones out there thanks to the Exynos 990. But, I would prefer the Snapdragon 865 version as it is faster and more consistent.
Though the Exynos version has improved vastly this year, it is still almost 6% behind in terms of CPU performance whereas it is tied with Snapdragon 865 in terms of GPU performance. And, yeah like S20 and S20+ we are getting the Exynos 990 version in Nepal, not the Snapdragon 865 version.
Along with this, S20 Ultra comes in 12GB RAM/128GB storage. The storage can be extended up to 1TB using a MicroSD slot.
Also, the S20 Ultra will only support 4G in Nepal, unlike recently launched Xiaomi Mi 10 5G that supports 5G connectivity. Anyway, it is good that Samsung is sticking to the 4G variant as we don’t have the required support for 5G in Nepal yet.
Moving on to the cameras, the S20 Ultra features the gargantuan 108MP camera sensor against the measly 12MP sensor on the S20+. I’ve said this before and I say it again, it’s not megapixels that truly determine the final output’s quality. The 12MP sensor on the S20+ in itself is a pretty admiral in getting absolute details out of a subject.
Aside from that, you get a 48MP periscopic camera module that supports 10x hybrid optical zoom on the S20 Ultra against the 64MP module capable of 3x Zoom on the S20+.
The 108MP sensor on the S20 Ultra is Samsung’s own ISOCELL Bright HM1 sensor. It will certainly provide some crisp and highly detailed photos but I will need to test it out for myself to see how good it is.
I mean does it beat the S20+ cameras to justify its price tag? Let’s wait for that. Also, the S20 Ultra can do 100x zoom. They market it as space zoom and while you can technically zoom on to space but I doubt the 100x zoom is practical enough to use it daily.
However, the massive 40MP front camera is one of the best selfie cameras out there according to other reviewers. So, I’m excited to check it out for myself.
Lastly, the S20 Ultra houses a 5000mAh battery which comes with 45W fast charging.
That’s 500mAh larger in terms of battery capacity and 20W faster in terms of charging when put against the S20+.
Samsung S20 Ultra Price in Nepal and Availability
The Samsung S20 Ultra price in Nepal is Rs. 1,59,999 and it will be available in Samsung Brand shops starting from June 23. It will be available in two colors: Cosmic Black and Cosmic Gray. Also, note that it’s not a 5G version.
Similar to the pre-booking offer of the S20 and S20+, you can get the Samsung Buds+ for free if you buy the S20 Ultra right now. Along with it, you will also get one-time breakage insurance of 12 months.
Let’s set the record straight. You buy Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra for the 108MP camera/100x zoom swag and maybe the 45W charging speed over the S20 and S20+ which have enough firepower. Both the phones, S20 and S20+, will provide you similar experience and your wallet won’t take a serious hit.
But hey, you wanna get that bragging rights if you got the money, don’t you?
Of course, Samsung S20 Ultra is crazy expensive and it is overkill but it’s one of a kind and if you were hoping to buy it, it’s finally possible!
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is finally here in Nepal. What are your thoughts on the device? Do let us know in the comments down below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra available in Nepal?
Yes, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is currently available in Nepal.
What is the price of Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra in Nepal?
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra price in Nepal is Rs. 1,59,999 for 12GB/128GB variant.
Where can I buy Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra in Nepal?
You can buy Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra from Samsung stores and retail stores.
What are the color options available on Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra?
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is available in Cosmic Black and Cosmic Gray color.
More on Samsung:
- Samsung Launches The World’s First Phone With Quantum Encryption Security
- Samsung Galaxy A51 Finally Arrives in Nepal. Read Our Specs Impressions!
- Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20+ First Impressions: Enticing Upgrades, Amazing Cameras!
- Yamaha Fascino 125 FI First Ride: Refined BS6 Engine and New Practical FeaturesWe’ve come a long way since the early days of scooters in Nepal. Scooters are…
- Oppo F17 Pro with Quad Cameras And Helio P95 to Launch Soon in NepalOppo has recently launched some budget phones like Oppo A53 and Oppo A12 in Nepal.…
- Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 Launched in Nepal, Priced at Rs. 5.69 LakhsHusqvarna Vitpilen 250 and Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 is now available in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand &…
- Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 Launched in Nepal: Priced Well!Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 and Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 is now in Nepal! Hansraj Hulaschand & Co.…