You know that phone that sits between the Galaxy A30 and A50? Yes, Samsung Galaxy A40, It has been launched in the Netherlands. The new Galaxy A-series model is now available for pre-orders on Dutch online store Belsimpel.nl. Don’t worry, the phone is expected to launch globally on April 10. And we firmly hope that this phone will come to Nepal.
Highlights of the Galaxy A40 include its ‘Infinity-U Display’ panel, dual rear camera setup, 25-megapixel selfie camera setup, and One UI based on Android Pie. The Galaxy A40 also comes in a range of colour options, including Black, Blue, Coral, and White.Samsung Galaxy A40 ships with the same gorgeous FHD+ AMOLED panel found on the Galaxy A30 and the Galaxy A50. This display will deliver punchy colors with deep blacks. Galaxy A40 will have the best screen in its price range, no questions asked. What’s different from the A30 and A50 is the screen size. Bott the Galaxy A30 and A50 have a 6.4 inch Display. But, the Galaxy A40 has a 5.9 inch one. This means, Galaxy A40 will have similar dimensions as the Galaxy S10e making it very pocketable.
If you are a small phone fan, you should choose the Galaxy A40 over the A30 and possibly A50.Inside, Galaxy A40 is powered by an Exynos 7885 Octa-core processor which performs similarly to the Snapdragon 636. So, it’s a good mid-range processor that will have no problems with tasks like surfing the web, video chatting, etc. You can game on it too but you will have to put your games at medium settings for playable frame rates.
This processor is supported by 4GB RAM. The internal storage is 64GB but you can expand it via micro SD card.
Samsung Galaxy A40 Specifications
- Display: 5.9 inches Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~437 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 7885 Octa (14nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71
- Memory: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM (storage expandable up to 512GB using microSD card)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with One UI on top
- Primary Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, PDAF & 5 MP, f/2.2, 12mm, (ultrawide)
- Secondary Camera: 25 MP
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Samsung Galaxy A40 Price in Nepal: TBD
Galaxy A40 comes with a dual 16MP + 5MP camera setup instead of the triple camera setup found on the Galaxy A50. At the front, there’s a 25MP selfie camera. We will have to test these cameras in person to give you a verdict on their photo quality. However, I used the Galaxy A30 for a short period of time and the cameras there clicked good photos. So, I am hopeful. I have to tell you that an ultrawide camera at the back is a delightful experience. I am glad that Samsung included one in the A40.
READ ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
But you guys may have a question: How is this phone any different than the Galaxy A30. Well, the main difference is in the size of the two phones. Galaxy A40 is smaller. This also means that the Galaxy A40 has a smaller battery (3100mAh) compared to the Galaxy A30 (4000mAh). Galaxy A40 comes with USB-C instead of a miro-USB port. And, the selfie camera on the A40 is higher res than that on the Galaxy A30.
These were the only concrete differences we could find between the two phones. We will know more about the A40 once it is released worldwide. Drop a comment down below if you’d like to read more about this phone or even buy one.
- 2019 Suzuki Gixxer 155 Officially Launched: Beautiful or Ugly?Finally! Suzuki decided to give Gixxer’s the much-needed redesign. Apparently, Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 and…
- OnePlus 7 Open for Pre-Booking in Nepal: Affordable & Still Superb?Review of: Oneplus 7Price:Rs. 66,999Reviewed by: Jubindra K.CRating:4On July 16, 2019Last modified:July 16, 2019Summary:But you…
- Sony Camera Super Deals – These Discounts Are Really HUGE!!!While Sony’s smartphones haven’t been able to make much space for themselves on the smartphone…