Samsung Galaxy A30 is the smaller brother of the Samsung Galaxy A50. It is one of the new members of the Samsung Galaxy A series that has been revamped for 2019. Samsung Galaxy A30 is now available in Nepal for Rs. 28,490.Galaxy A30 comes packing an FHD+ Super AMOLED display. This is the same display that was used in the Galaxy A50, and it will be the best display in this price category without question. Samsung Galaxy A30 packs an Exynos 7904 inside. This is a lower midrange processor from Samsung like the Snapdragon 630. So, I don’t expect this to be a gaming machine but normal tasks like calling, texting, navigating, etc will be a breeze.
That processor is paired with a 4GB RAM RAM. This means no problem with multitasking too (at least with the 4GB model. You have 64GB for internal storage respectively. These are some respectable specs for the price.
Samsung Galaxy A30 Specifications
- Display: 6.4 inches Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 7904 Octa (14nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- Memory: 64 GB, 4 GB RAM (storage expandable up to 512GB using microSD card)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with One UI on top
- Primary Camera: 16 MP, f/1.7, PDAF & 5 MP, f/2.2, 12mm, (ultrawide)
- Secondary Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Samsung Galaxy A30 Price in Nepal: Rs. 28,490
At the back, you have a glass like finish that shimmers when you reflect light on it. It does look super-cool but is a fingerprint magnet. If you want to admire that shiny back, you’ll have to keep a microfiber cloth with you all the time.
The dual camera setup combines a 16MP primary lens with a 5MP ultra-wide lens. This camera setup looks okay on paper but we will have to test it out ourselves to give our verdict. There’s also a capacitive fingerprint sensor at the back of this phone.
This phone will ship with 4000mAh non-removable battery and will support fast charging speeds. It also supports USB-C connectivity.
Overall, Samsung Galaxy A30 is an amazing value for its asking price of Rs. 28,490. The screen is breathtaking and the performance and the cameras are fine. This phone might just be the best smartphone to buy under 30K in Nepal right now.
SEE ALSO: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
However, Samsung Galaxy A50 costs just about Rs. 5000 more and it gives you so much more for that extra 5K. It has a better processor, it supports Bluetooth 5.0, has an in-display fingerprint sensor, and has a full IP68 certification. A30 is a good phone but it is outshined by Galaxy A50. The bottom line is that if you can stretch your budget, buy the Galaxy A50; if you can’t spend a paisa above 30K, buy the Galaxy A30.
Disclaimer: The optical fingerprint sensor on the Galaxy A50 might not be everyone’s cup of tea because of its sluggishness.
- Vivo S1 Pro Review: Better Camera than its Predecessor, But Still Lacks PerformanceVivo S series made it to Nepal in August 2019 with the launch of Vivo…
- Honda Unicorn CB 150 ABS Launched in Nepal: A Perfect Fit for a Commuter?Honda Unicorn has been one of the most popular commuter segment motorcycles in Nepal. Moreover,…
- Brighsun e-Buses, with Range of 1018 KM, Coming to Nepal in Two Months!Everyone thought it was impossible until someone did it. And then, everybody started doing it…