On the basis of power purchase agreements (PPA) signed by hydropower projects with the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA), it is seen that Province 2 has the lowest electricity generation capacity in the country, reports The Kathmandu Post.
- Province 2 contributes only about 0.2% of the country’s total power generation having signed PPAs for only 18 MW.
- Among all provinces, Province 4 produces the highest power with 125 projects and generation 35.77% of the total power. It has the total capacity of 3,373.81 MW.
- Province 3 is in second with an installed capacity of 2,861.46 MW followed by Province 1 with 2,132.31 MW.
- Similarly, the list has Provinces 6, 7 and 5 in the order with capacities 642.65 MW, 248.65 MW and 36.76 MW respectively.
What they are saying:
- “NEA has signed PPAs with 232 power projects with a combined capacity of 3,988.64 MW and is holding negotiations with another 159 projects with a capacity of 5,441.3 MW.”
- “The NEA has signed PPAs with 232 power projects and is conducting negotiations with another 159 projects”, said Managing Director Kulman Ghising.
- Upper Tamakoshi Hydropower Project to Miss its Deadline of This July
- PM Oli wants to Revive Budhigandaki Hydropower Project
- NEA Starts Surveys to Increase Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
- Apple iPad Air 4 2020 with A14 Bionic Available for Pre-Order in NepalApple unveiled the new iPad Air 4 during its live event back in September. And,…
- Analogue Mall to Introduce Trade-In Program; Trade-In Old Gadgets for the New Ones or Cash!Analogue Mall is a multibrand e-commerce site with lots of gadgets on offer. It’s a…
- JBL Go 3 Launching in Nepal Soon – An Ultra Portable Speaker!JBL has plenty of portable speakers and their Go series is one of the best…