On the basis of power purchase agreements (PPA) signed by hydropower projects with the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA), it is seen that Province 2 has the lowest electricity generation capacity in the country, reports The Kathmandu Post.
- Province 2 contributes only about 0.2% of the country’s total power generation having signed PPAs for only 18 MW.
- Among all provinces, Province 4 produces the highest power with 125 projects and generation 35.77% of the total power. It has the total capacity of 3,373.81 MW.
- Province 3 is in second with an installed capacity of 2,861.46 MW followed by Province 1 with 2,132.31 MW.
- Similarly, the list has Provinces 6, 7 and 5 in the order with capacities 642.65 MW, 248.65 MW and 36.76 MW respectively.
What they are saying:
- “NEA has signed PPAs with 232 power projects with a combined capacity of 3,988.64 MW and is holding negotiations with another 159 projects with a capacity of 5,441.3 MW.”
- “The NEA has signed PPAs with 232 power projects and is conducting negotiations with another 159 projects”, said Managing Director Kulman Ghising.
- Upper Tamakoshi Hydropower Project to Miss its Deadline of This July
- PM Oli wants to Revive Budhigandaki Hydropower Project
- NEA Starts Surveys to Increase Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
Suzuki V-Strom SX, New 250cc Adventure Motorcycle, Expected to Launch in Nepal Soon!Suzuki V-Strom SX is heading to Nepal… allegedly. Vishal Group, the authorized distributor of Suzuki…
Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro with ECG Feature Launched in NepalHuawei has launched its smartwatch Huawei Watch GT 3 Pro in Nepal. The Huawei Watch…
All-New Mahindra Scorpio-N Launched: Nepal’s Favorite SUV Daunts a New Avatar!All-new Mahindra Scorpio-N is now officially available in Nepal. Agni Group, the authorized distributor of…