Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli wants to revive the Budhigandaki Hydropower Project, reports South China Morning Post. The project had been stopped after the previous Sher Bahadur Deuba-led government cancelled its contract signed with a Chinese company.
- Prime Minister Oli said, “Political prejudice or pressure from rival companies may have been instrumental in scrapping of the project. But for us, hydropower is a main focus and come what may, we will revive the Budhigandaki project.” He did not mention if the project would be given back to the Gezhouba Group.
- Nepal Electricity Authority had been given the charge of the project. But they haven’t done any work to expedite the construction works yet.
- Budhigandaki Hydropower Project Given to NEA
- Government Scraps Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project with Chinese Company
- NEA Approves Draft PPA for Trishuli-1 Hydropower Project
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
Benco S1 Pro with 33W Fast Charging Launched in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Benco S1 Pro price in Nepal is Rs. 19,999 (8/128GB). It is a budget…
Xiaomi Teases the Launch of Redmi A2 Plus in NepalHIGHLIGHTS Redmi A1+ may launch soon in Nepal. It is an entry-level smartphone, powered by…
Leapfrog Technology’s Women’s Internship Program Successfully ConcludedHIGHLIGHTS Leapfrog Technology successfully concludes its Women’s Internship Program, empowering aspiring female software engineers. Over…