Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli wants to revive the Budhigandaki Hydropower Project, reports South China Morning Post. The project had been stopped after the previous Sher Bahadur Deuba-led government cancelled its contract signed with a Chinese company.
- Prime Minister Oli said, “Political prejudice or pressure from rival companies may have been instrumental in scrapping of the project. But for us, hydropower is a main focus and come what may, we will revive the Budhigandaki project.” He did not mention if the project would be given back to the Gezhouba Group.
- Nepal Electricity Authority had been given the charge of the project. But they haven’t done any work to expedite the construction works yet.
- Budhigandaki Hydropower Project Given to NEA
- Government Scraps Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project with Chinese Company
- NEA Approves Draft PPA for Trishuli-1 Hydropower Project
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
- Foodmandu Fresh: A “Fresh” Transition to Deliver Essential Groceries in The Hour of NeedCOVID-19 has become a nightmare that’s gobbling up each and every fundamental aspect that our…
- E-commerce Companies in Nepal Facing Delivery Challenges, Pledges to Serve Customers Amid LockdownA lot has happened since the first announcement of a weeklong lockdown. But People will…
- Relief Packages Introduced by the Government That We Techies Must Know!The two-week lockdown imposed by the government has caused a huge disruption in the day-to-day…