Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli wants to revive the Budhigandaki Hydropower Project, reports South China Morning Post. The project had been stopped after the previous Sher Bahadur Deuba-led government cancelled its contract signed with a Chinese company.
- Prime Minister Oli said, “Political prejudice or pressure from rival companies may have been instrumental in scrapping of the project. But for us, hydropower is a main focus and come what may, we will revive the Budhigandaki project.” He did not mention if the project would be given back to the Gezhouba Group.
- Nepal Electricity Authority had been given the charge of the project. But they haven’t done any work to expedite the construction works yet.
- Budhigandaki Hydropower Project Given to NEA
- Government Scraps Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project with Chinese Company
- NEA Approves Draft PPA for Trishuli-1 Hydropower Project
Read all the tech news of TechLekh. Stay updated!
Experts Urge to Refine ‘Cybersecurity Policy 2021 Draft’, say there are Ample Gaps to be FulfilledDigitization has eased our life in many ways. Meanwhile, as everything is connected to the…
Understanding Electric Vehicle Tax Structure in Nepal: Past and Present!The EV sector in Nepal is a growing market, still decades away from its full…
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite Expected to Launch Soon in NepalSamsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite which was unveiled last month is set to launch in…
Samsung Galaxy A22 with Helio G80 Expected to Launch Soon in NepalSamsung is expected to launch the Samsung Galaxy A22 in Nepal alongside the Samsung M32.…
ZTE Axon 30 Ultra with Snapdragon 888 to Launch Soon in NepalZTE is set to make a comeback in Nepal with a host of new smartphones.…