Poco has launched yet another smartphone; POCO M3. The successor of the Poco M2, Poco M3 brings a familiar design, a Snapdragon chipset, and a 48MP camera.
Poco M3 is the successor of the Poco M2 which is the rebranded version of the Redmi 9.
Let’s see what else the Poco M3 has on offer.
Poco M3 Specifications
- Body: 162.3 x 77.2 x 9.6 mm, Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.53 inches FHD IPS LCD, ~83.5% screen-to-body ratio, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~395 ppi density), Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 64GB 4GB RAM UFS 2.1, 128GB 4GB RAM UFS 2.2
- OS: Android 10, MIUI 12
- Rear Camera: 48 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Video: [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 27mm (wide)
- Video: [email protected]
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 6000 mAh battery, Fast charging 18W
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Misc: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass, 3.5mm Headphone jack
- Colors: Cool Blue, Poco Yellow, Power Black
Poco M3 Price in Nepal: TBD
Poco M3 Overview
The rear of the camera has a big rectangular camera module that is extended from left to right. The camera module also houses the POCO branding. The rear also gets a dual-tone finish and it comes in these colors: Cool Blue, Poco Yellow, Power Black.
Poco M3 has a waterdrop notch housing a selfie camera with a noticeable chin. The fingerprint sensor is integrated on the power button as there are no fingerprint sensors on the rear of the phone.
Poco M3 features a 6.53-inch Full-HD+ IPS LCD panel with a standard 60Hz refresh rate. The display has a screen resolution of 2400 x 1080-pixels.
The side bezels are quite thin but the bottom bezels are noticeable.
Poco M3 is equipped with a Snapdragon 662 chipset. Along with that, it has 4GB RAM and 64/128GB storage.
Snapdragon 662 is an 11nm chipset. It has an Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver) CPU and Adreno 610 GPU. This chipset is similar to Snapdragon 665. Snapdragon 662 uses the same Kryo cores as the Snapdragon 665 with the same clock speed. On top of that, both of them use the Adreno 610 GPU.
Poco M3 has a triple camera setup with a main 48MP sensor, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro camera.
On the front, it has an 8MP selfie camera.
Battery and Software
Poco M3 sports a beefy 6000 mAh battery. The phone comes with an 18W fast charger in the box.
Furthermore, it runs on Android 10 with MIUI 12.
Poco M3 Price in Nepal and Availability
Poco M3 has launched globally for 129$(64GB) and 149$(128GB). The phone should launch in Nepal in the upcoming months with competitive prices.
Poco M3 is the successor of the Poco M2 and it has made quite a few changes. First, Poco has now opted for a Snapdragon 662 chipset instead of the Helio G80 used on the Helio G80.
Helio G80 comes with Cortex A75 cores whereas the Snapdragon 662 uses A73 cores. So, Helio G80 has a slight edge in terms of CPU performance. In the case of GPU, the Adreno 610 GPU scores better than Mali G52.
We see a good bump in the main camera as the Poco M3 uses a 48MP sensor. But, it ditches the ultra-wide-angle sensor which is disappointing. Else, it features a massive 6000 mAh battery which is a huge boost to the battery life.
What are your thoughts on the design and specifications of the Poco M3? Let us know in the comments!
Also, watch the Redmi 9 review video in Nepali.
- Apple iPad Air 4 2020 with A14 Bionic Available for Pre-Order in NepalApple unveiled the new iPad Air 4 during its live event back in September. And,…
- Analogue Mall to Introduce Trade-In Program; Trade-In Old Gadgets for the New Ones or Cash!Analogue Mall is a multibrand e-commerce site with lots of gadgets on offer. It’s a…
- JBL Go 3 Launching in Nepal Soon – An Ultra Portable Speaker!JBL has plenty of portable speakers and their Go series is one of the best…